Aftermarket Radio

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
nvrb2lo

Aftermarket Radio

Post by nvrb2lo »

Has anyone installed an after market radio in their caprice? If so, how do you wire it and still keep the display screen with all the other functions such as heat and ac?
Tom Slick

Re: Aftermarket Radio

Post by Tom Slick »

No one has so far... the best solution at this time is having Chris White reprogram the radio... definitely worth the money...

There are some aftermarket AC/Heat control panels for the G8's and Holden Commodores, that allow you to install an aftermarket head unit, but they are very, very expensive!!!

Later,
Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
nvrb2lo

Post by nvrb2lo »

The problem with mine is the antenna connection on the radio it self is broken so the wire will not plug back up to the radio, only CD's work. I was thinking of just utilizing the wires for all the speakers to wire into the aftermarket harness and then running my own power and ignition. I just don't know if tapping into the speaker wires will affect anything else dealing with the radio and HVAC.
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

There are caprice radio units out there for sale... You should have no trouble finding one... cops wreck all the time! :lol:

Later,
Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
gregc

Post by gregc »

nvrb2lo wrote:The problem with mine is the antenna connection on the radio it self is broken so the wire will not plug back up to the radio, only CD's work. I was thinking of just utilizing the wires for all the speakers to wire into the aftermarket harness and then running my own power and ignition. I just don't know if tapping into the speaker wires will affect anything else dealing with the radio and HVAC.
You could probably have the antenna connection repaired and then send it to Chris to have it reprogrammed. If you do get one from ebay, you might have to get that one flashed too to match your VIN.
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

Here is a video on YouTube of the awesomeness that Chris White does to the PPV radio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erg4FgL8Kvc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

K9Vic wrote:Here is a video on YouTube of the awesomeness that Chris White does to the PPV radio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erg4FgL8Kvc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dude that video is awesome thank you so much for making that! :)
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

Your welcome Chris.