Need a 12 volt power source

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Capeasy

Need a 12 volt power source

Post by Capeasy »

Hey gang , does anyone know the best place to pick up a ignition on 12 volt source either in the center console or fuse panel to wire up a pair of Exhaust Cut outs? I believe they would only pull 15 amps max between the both, I'm just going with the fact that each one has a 7.5 amp. fuse in line.
Any advise would be appreciated .
Thanks
Walt
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Need a 12 volt power source

Post by smwalker »

Do you still have your Auxiliary battery in place? There are 2 fused and relayed circuits on there that could be useful.

There is a pink and blue 20 AWG ignition wire in the upfitters harness but that is only rated for 10 amps total.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

trunk area aux power is what I used for both the exhaust cut out and rear speaker amp....
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

As far as I know theres no auxiliary battery in the trunk. I was hoping for a hot ignition source near the center console, unless I pull a source from under the hood.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Well the only high amp circuit in that area is the Accessory plug. 20 amp fuse rated so should be able to handle your load.

It is on a relay so it is ignition activated. At least it should be.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

I'll hunt around and look for a wire to tap into, but I really dont think I need much more than 10amps. The wireing coming from the cutouts is maybe 18 or 20 gauge. Thanks Steve.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Capeasy wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:02 pm I'll hunt around and look for a wire to tap into, but I really dont think I need much more than 10amps. The wireing coming from the cutouts is maybe 18 or 20 gauge. Thanks Steve.
Oh really?? yea of only 18-20 AWG those are low amps. The pink and blue in the upfitters harness would be a good choice.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Capeasy wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:44 pm As far as I know theres no auxiliary battery in the trunk. I was hoping for a hot ignition source near the center console, unless I pull a source from under the hood.
Hmm, as far as you know? You probably want to check to verify it's there, or not. Having the battery leak over there would suck bigly. It's also a fair amount of weight over there. Heck, the tray, cables and relays are probably 15 lbs alone!
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?