Holden Radio for PPV

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
gregc

Re: Holden Radio for PPV

Post by gregc »

Tom Slick wrote:Still working on it... and working on the rear view camera and rear entertainment, without having to deal with gougers like JHP!

Later,
Tom Slick
Yeah, JHP did charge a pretty penny. But an equally equipped sound package for my Camaro SS was a $2000 option and it doesn't have Bluetooth streaming or cd ripping. I'm just glad JHP made it available to those who want to buy it. Not to mention it is plug and play.
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

I bought the microphone as my 2011 9C1 did not have it, but when I went to look for the wire in the headliner I see nothing. I dug around up there and see no wire for it and looking at the wiring diagram it appears it runs from the passenger side (Holden driver side) up top. I removed the A-pillar cover and there is a one wire there. If there was a microphone wire I would think they should be two?

Maybe the 9C1 does not have the wiring already there, or is it being an early build July 2011?
Anyone that installed the microphone what side of the car was the plug and was just right there in the open?

If I have to get the wire harness not a big deal, but that is another expense.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Tom Slick or others will be more specifically knowledgeable about the existence of a microphone in PPV applications--I'm thinking it depends on what RPO's were selected or available (year by year)--I recall Tom's car came with a microphone....my reason for posting is to have it understood that the wiring harness is not available separately, it is an integrated item that is part of the headliner.

So, to get all of the wiring connections for the different functions desired that rely on connections to the headliner harness, whether production or not, requires either fabbing of a harness or acquiring the "correct" headliner to provide the greatest amount of functionality that you're looking for. There are not many options for PPV, and headliners are not cheap--a dealer can provide details on headliners, year by year, and what RPO's are serviced by specific headliners.

Example: http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=856005&ukey_make=1086&ukey_model=15722&modelYear=2012&ukey_category=22492&ukey_driveLine=8569&ukey_trimLevel=19715

(expand data by clicking on the individual listing for Panel, Roof Headlining)

Another example of this is lighted sunshades (visors) as found on G8 and new SS - the PPV has no provision for powering them. Again, it was not made a part of any PPV headliner, so IF that's something you may want to add, it's going to have to be created or some portion of an existing harness (from a donor G8, most likely) to make them work using something close to production harness layout or connections.
Solardude

Post by Solardude »

mine has RPO Option KTB-PDIM and had the microphone already installed. Also a 2012
05 Pontiac GTO Torrid Red A4 w/red int, Procharger p1sc, Pacesetter Coated Headers,Aeroforce Gauges, H-pipe, DMH cutouts, Staggered Stern 18''s, Lots of Pedders/Lovells/Whiteline stuff. Tuned by Mike Norris

12 Chevy Caprice PPV 9c1 HSV Pentagon Replica 20''s, H&R Springs, HSV GTS Steering Wheel, Solo axle back, VCM Intake
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

I found the wiring harness for the 'Mobile Telephone Radio' part#92247567.

However the plug only goes to the rear view mirror and there is not another wire running off it for a microphone. This harness is also shared wire giving power to the passenger side spotlight as a single power wire comes out of it for that (Standard Unity spot light plug). The rear view mirror has a compass built into it, the large box hanging down from it as it has a Honeywell chip HMC1022. I was maybe thinking there maybe a microphone in the mirror, but I do not see anything but what is likely a compass circuit board. I followed the wire from the dash to the top and there is no plug for the mic in the over head console.

The wire harness has four pins on 3,4,8 &13 of a 16-PIN plug. There is also an adapter plug of some type between the mirrors plug and wire harness and not able to find any info about it from the part number WGA00486/A.

If someone has access, can you look to see if the plug for the microphone does come out of the mirror/compass plug?

Picture shows the harness with the plug for the spot light coming out of the same loom.
Attachments
52b5af31.jpg
52b5af31.jpg (200.68 KiB) Viewed 10729 times
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

Here is that adapter that is between the looms plug and mirrors plug end. My guess is that is is some type of power modulator for the mirror since it has a compass in it.
Attachments
52b5bdb1.jpg
52b5bdb1.jpg (207.18 KiB) Viewed 10729 times
gregc

Post by gregc »

K9Vic wrote:I found the wiring harness for the 'Mobile Telephone Radio' part#92247567.

However the plug only goes to the rear view mirror and there is not another wire running off it for a microphone. This harness is also shared wire giving power to the passenger side spotlight as a single power wire comes out of it for that (Standard Unity spot light plug). The rear view mirror has a compass built into it, the large box hanging down from it as it has a Honeywell chip HMC1022. I was maybe thinking there maybe a microphone in the mirror, but I do not see anything but what is likely a compass circuit board. I followed the wire from the dash to the top and there is no plug for the mic in the over head console.

The wire harness has four pins on 3,4,8 &13 of a 16-PIN plug. There is also an adapter plug of some type between the mirrors plug and wire harness and not able to find any info about it from the part number WGA00486/A.

If someone has access, can you look to see if the plug for the microphone does come out of the mirror/compass plug?

Picture shows the harness with the plug for the spot light coming out of the same loom.

The microphone plug is integrated with the map lights.

see Bill's post in photo 2. All you do is pull the map light console from the front to the back. Once you pull it down, you insert the microphone in the driver's spot and you plug the mic into the empty plug. Mine is a June 2011 build date.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=114" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

As I said, the plug is not there and I dug around for it in the headliner for hours. I also have a 9C1 where all of you that have added the mic have a 9C3.

The only thing that I can think of being that I have a 9C1 and a axillary dome light, the plug may have been there before and was cut out. So tomorrow I will see if maybe the wires were cut removing the shrink wrap. There is a cut wire on the dome light 4-pin plug, but that system is working fine. I do not know if this is a Kerr Industries installed aux-dome light or from the installer after the fact.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Also, as Greg mentioned the photo of the overhead console, being that this unit was from Australia, the microphone is in RHD position--same cavity exists on other side for LHD, and it's just a matter of popping the mic out and moving to the other side.
gregc

Post by gregc »

K9Vic wrote:As I said, the plug is not there and I dug around for it in the headliner for hours. I also have a 9C1 where all of you that have added the mic have a 9C3.

The only thing that I can think of being that I have a 9C1 and a axillary dome light, the plug may have been there before and was cut out. So tomorrow I will see if maybe the wires were cut removing the shrink wrap. There is a cut wire on the dome light 4-pin plug, but that system is working fine. I do not know if this is a Kerr Industries installed aux-dome light or from the installer after the fact.

Ok, I just saw your other post about the map lights not being connected. The mic connector is supposed to be near that 4 pin map light plug. If it was cut, then you should start looking there. If you have RPO 6C7, then it's a Kerr Industries installed aux-dome light. I have a 9C1 also and the mic plug is connected to the map light harness. I don't have the auxiliary dome light, however.