Hidden USB connection access tricks?

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
VintageIron41

Hidden USB connection access tricks?

Post by VintageIron41 »

Hello and thanks for taking time to read this.

I've read the thread on the 2014-2017 hidden USB connection, but I'm puzzled by how to access it. That passenger side panel to the lower center console is stiff as a board on my car, there is a connector in back, that looks like it is made to secure by pushing the entire piece down into place? I do have the center fascia removed, I just am stymied on how to get behind that passenger side panel..

Thank you!

Dave
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Hidden USB connection access tricks?

Post by smwalker »

Since the cars came with so many different aftermarket center console pieces really should post a pic to help us see what you are up against.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

smwalker wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:17 pm Since the cars came with so many different aftermarket center console pieces really should post a pic to help us see what you are up against.
Thank you for your reply, I will take and post a picture. It is just the factory parts on this car, there is nothing below the fascia that surrounds the 12 volt power supply, just the open E Brake. The passenger side piece that needs to be clear to see if I have the USB connection goes up to the left side of the glove box.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Is this the piece you are speaking of? Looks like all clips and slips out from behine a peg at the front:
14 canter console right.png
14 canter console right.png (90.73 KiB) Viewed 4377 times
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

Hello Steve-
I found my USB plug, it was hiding behind a bundle of cut off police equipment wiring, I was able to slide my hand in sideways and coax if to where I could plug in shot USB to mini USB jack to hook up my tunes. Next is to remove the rear door panels and cut out the speaker holes/install speakers.
Thanks to you and all who replied, I enjoyed playing " Push the button Max" today on my way to family Christmas gathering lol.

Dave