Tail Light Connector Information

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
smwalker
Administration Staff

Tail Light Connector Information

Post by smwalker »

Did some research on the tail light connectors tonight and was so hard to find thought I should document because I will forget how I found it! LOL

Look to be the same for WM and WN cars 11-17

Vehicle side Connector:
TE Connectivity: 936268-1

Good receptacle (terminal) for these would be TE 368084-1 090 II MLC - 18-16 awg wire

Tail light side connector:
TE Connectivity: 936271-1

Good tab contact (terminal) for these would be TE 368087-1 090 II MLC - 18-16 awg wire

So the connectors that come on the Australian LED taillights I think are
1743184-1 - Housing for female terminals (so the vehicle side harness)
EDIT - Nope, those were wrong. Got a sample all the way from Germany and they did not fit !! DOH!!

IN the mean time a Member sent me thier taillight connectors they took off the Australian LED models and I got a look at them. They Have KET stamped in them. For Korean Electrical Terminal Corp.
Think I found it in part number MG651044
http://www.ket.com/resources/web/MG6510 ... 044_2d.pdf

Very common part used by many automakers, but supply is high priced for some reason. And my normak suppliers have high minimums on it. So got some knock offs from China on the way, see how they do.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
CrashTestDummy

Re: Tail Light Connector Information

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Thanks for posting the data, Steve. I hope to never have to use it, but it's helpful that it's here. Any idea what pins fit these connectors?
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

YOu know you are on to something here. On the 11-13's there is a wire in every one of the 6 cavities. We have learned from people doing the LED taillight conversion that the wire is there for the separate turn signal circuit but the factory PPV tail lights do not use it. Well looking at a 2014 PPV taillight connector (vehicle side) the #6 wire seems to be missing so that means some cost cutting went down to eliminate the extra wire since the turn and brake signal was sent on the one wire by the BCM.

So that begs the next question, if LED's taillights require the turn signal wire to work correctly what have the owners of 14+ been doing about that? Or has aone with a 14+ tried and failed to install the LED taillights??

But yea I figured since the 11-13's came with the extra wire and terminals the terminal information would not be needed, just the connector information. But yea do need to figure that out.

Will Update. (UPDATED TERMINAL INFO IN FIRST POST)
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

So you can't just sub LED bulbs in to replace the incandescents? I haven't done the tail/turn signals yet, but have done the backup lights. They made a BIG difference.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?