Adding the Aux Battery to a single battery car (2012)

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
JimmyGator

Adding the Aux Battery to a single battery car (2012)

Post by JimmyGator »

I searched for an answer to this question but didn't find anything besides ads (unfortunately none current!) for the auxiliary battery gear.

I was wondering if anyone could identify the definitive list of parts that I'll need to add the auxiliary battery to by 2012 vehicle - which was not optioned from the factory with this setup. I think I need the parts circled in red in the diagram below AT A MINIMUM, bu anyone who has experience and/or certain knowledge of this is encouraged to CONFIRM and/or CORRECT me!
Aux Battery Diagram.png
Aux Battery Diagram.png (173.12 KiB) Viewed 10733 times
From my research and investigation, I think I have learned a few things that I would love to have the community CONFIRM or CORRECT me on:
1) no BCM or other programming/software changes needed to add the AUX Battery equipment
2) My vehicle seems to already have the battery tray for the AUX battery in place, therefore no need to buy/acquire one.

Thanks for any feedback/advice!

-Stu
2012 Caprice PPV 9C1 - White - Big plans but just starting out with it - @Haute.Fuzz Instagram dedicated to car and build up
Sanford

Re: Adding the Aux Battery to a single battery car (2012)

Post by Sanford »

Stu,
You need more than you have circled. There is a thread that has a picture of the aux battery wiring. You should have a relay and several HD fuses, plus a cable that runs to the main battery. I have pulled the aux battery stuff out of two of my cars that I can take a picture of when I get by the shop. And yes, I am keeping the stuff in case the next owner wants it to reinstall.

David
JimmyGator

Post by JimmyGator »

Thanks David. Totally understand keeping everything. The pics would be helpful without a doubt.

Yesterday and today are my lucky days - Navy Lifer has offered to supply me with the correct parts as he apparently has spares he doesn't need. Now the only issue is getting him to accept some payment from me instead of him making it a donation. :D

-Stuart
2012 Caprice PPV 9C1 - White - Big plans but just starting out with it - @Haute.Fuzz Instagram dedicated to car and build up
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

JimmyGator wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:44 pm <SNIP>
Yesterday and today are my lucky days - Navy Lifer has offered to supply me with the correct parts as he apparently has spares he doesn't need. Now the only issue is getting him to accept some payment from me instead of him making it a donation. :D

-Stuart
Yeah, dang it, Bill is like that! :lol:

Hopefully you'll have an opportunity to pay it forward.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
JimmyGator

Post by JimmyGator »

CrashTestDummy wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:15 am Hopefully you'll have an opportunity to pay it forward.
Amen!
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Shipping tomorrow - 11#

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts ... k-92256477

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-part ... ttery-scat
PPV aux batt1.JPG
PPV aux batt1.JPG (53.19 KiB) Viewed 10646 times
PPV aux batt2.JPG
PPV aux batt2.JPG (47.79 KiB) Viewed 10646 times
PPV aux batt3.JPG
PPV aux batt3.JPG (42.77 KiB) Viewed 10646 times
PPV aux batt4.JPG
PPV aux batt4.JPG (30.14 KiB) Viewed 10646 times
JimmyGator

Post by JimmyGator »

This is awesome. Can't wait to get it in. THANKS!!!