Driver seat adjustment and trunk release not working

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
vetterss

Driver seat adjustment and trunk release not working

Post by vetterss »

Just fixing a few little things on my 2015 Caprice I just picked up but not sure where to start.

The trunk release does not work. I have to use the key. Both interior switches and the fob will not release the trunk yet we think we can hear some clicking when buttons are pushed at the trunk. Suggestions?

The drivers seat upward and downward adjustment doesn't work. There is power to the switch because I can hear clicking. Does the whole track have to be replaced or the motor or something else?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you guys have!
Mike
1973 Corvette Coupe
2023 C8 Corvette Coupe
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Driver seat adjustment and trunk release not working

Post by smwalker »

Those two items actually share a ground (G301). With lots of other stuff as well so I imagine if it was disconnected a lot more would not work but may have some damage there on a few wires. Or if you got the switch apart already just test for ground at the switches as opposed to pulling the panel for the ground:

#1 G201
#2 G301
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Actually the 2015 got a trunk release on both doors correct??? Both not working??? (EDIT: Oh yea you said both) And you have the key on when you are trying right?

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
vetterss

Post by vetterss »

Yes my car has both buttons one on each door for the turnk. Key on not working or releasing trunk. Was not aware of the ground situation and will check that out when I return from a business trip. Any other suggestions out there on the trunk release and/or seat height adjustment??

Great suggestions and thanks!
Mike
1973 Corvette Coupe
2023 C8 Corvette Coupe