G8 OEM heated seats wiring?

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
xcidmigs

G8 OEM heated seats wiring?

Post by xcidmigs »

I have a 2011 Caprice PPV with the 9C3 interior which as we know is physically the same as a G8. I have acquired the G8 OEM heated seat switch with the connectors and 5" of wiring as well as an aftermarket set of front seat heaters which I already installed using their wiring, switches, and control module. I would very much like to adapt the G8 switches to control this however they are the momentary contact type which works with the G8 module and BCM to control the seats. I have constant contact switches from my kit which work totally differently. My question is could I buy G8 seat heater modules and then somehow make up the required wiring connections myself to make it all work. I believe WAM could reflash the BCM to provide that signal output if needed, I suspect it could just be powered on with a relay that gets power from ign on only. The few threads I found searching the G8 boards address modifying stock G8 wiring to work with remote start etc not adding it to a car. I realize that the actual wiring from a G8 would make it work but that is the whole center dash harness from what I can find.

I have this diagram and somewhere the G8 seat module one
Attachments
2012-01-07_143509_1.gif
2012-01-07_143509_1.gif (31.35 KiB) Viewed 2823 times