Headlight headlamp bulb replacement 2011 Caprice 9C3

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
v8suprcapric

Headlight headlamp bulb replacement 2011 Caprice 9C3

Post by v8suprcapric »

I replaced my bulbs without having to remove front bumper. It was a tight squeeze to get the right side bulb in, but not too bad at all really. Thought I'd have to have my girlfriend do the bulb install but I was able to do it without losing too much skin :D The left side was simpler, I have the K&N air filter so I just had to remove a bit of that to access the left side bulb.

This might be different on other years or other options packages, for the right side bulb:

1. Pull up on the radiator fill to remove (pictured), should come out easily and there's guides on the sides of it for easy re-install.
2. Remove 3 bolts holding fuse box (pictured).
3. Remove 4 cable tie down clips so you can move cables slightly out of your way (pictured).
4. You should now be able to access dust cover on back of headlight, remove and replace bulb.

Caprice_right_headlight_replacement_small.jpg
Caprice_right_headlight_replacement_small.jpg (583.91 KiB) Viewed 9252 times

_
1987 Landau (383 stroker, vortec heads, 700r4, posi rear, Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, Bassett 15x8, BFGoodrich 275/60, 9C1 speedo)
2011 9C3 (K&N CAI, Weldcraft widened 18x9 factory steelies, Bridgestone 285/35)
FzCobra

Re: Headlight headlamp bulb replacement 2011 Caprice 9C3

Post by FzCobra »

Once you get the dust cover off, how do you get to the parking light bulb? I initially see what I assume is the back of the headlight bulb, but I only need to replace the parking light.
-Rob
2012 9C3 Mirage Glow Metallic
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

When you say parking light are you talking about the one that goes along the top of the headlight?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
FzCobra

Post by FzCobra »

Yes. I figured it out though, its off to the side, real easy to get to. I thought it was way more complicated.
Anyway, replaced both sides with a 194 LED. They work well and make it look a little more modern.

If anyone is wondering, the access to the parking light is shown here.
Attachments
Caprice_right_prk light.jpg
Caprice_right_prk light.jpg (384.96 KiB) Viewed 8962 times
Last edited by FzCobra on Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Rob
FzCobra

Post by FzCobra »

Oh, and thanks to the OP (v8suprcapric), the write up helped quite a bit.
-Rob
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

Hey does anyone have a recommendation when upgrading to H7 LEDs? When Amazon sends you these bitchen fan cooled lights they dont work with our oem retainers? I know adapter ring/retainers are available but which ones are correct for our application? LED bulb supplier dosnt know either.
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

I'm not sure you'll find a 100% plug and play bulb for the Caprice, but I haven't looked in quite some time. We went with the Opt7 LED bulbs, but did have to modify things a bit for them to fit. Fit, they did, though, and have been perfect ever since.

If I was to do it today, though, I'd probably opt for one of the V.4 LED lights, based on comparisons I saw a year, or so, ago:

https://headlightrevolution.com/v-4-led ... -h7-bulbs/

I know there's a thread here where another member stepped through the details on the mods necessary to fit the Opt7 bulbs into his Caprice, but danged if I can find it now. It was the process I followed when I installed mine.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

Thanks Gene, I also ordered a couple adapter rings off Amazon to make this happen just haven't had a chance to install them when I get off work. It gets dark so early and its probably darn near 55 deg. And freezing outside. Lol
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's