Reprogramming RCDLR

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
lastcall190

Reprogramming RCDLR

Post by lastcall190 »

Anyone know which tool I can use to update/flash the RCDLR? I have been to two dealers and in addition to being skeptical that that is what in fact I need to do for remote start, they said they'd have to bill me for an hour of labor because "It will take a while and then we have to relearn the keys which takes time." (I didn't argue as I wasn't having anything done, just seeing if they could do it... I know that the key relearn takes less than 3 minutes).

Second shop wanted almost 250, but in their defense they knew exactly what I was talking about and have apparently done it before.

Anyone know which scan tool I would need to purchase to allow myself to do this? This is becoming frustrating trying all dealers in my area and just getting blank stares or reasons why it will never work even with insistence that it will. Before anyone asks, I don't have the actual BCM programmed yet, as I'm holding off until I find out for sure that I can do this. Thanks.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
GTPprix

Re: Reprogramming RCDLR

Post by GTPprix »

Its quite possibly the simplest thing ever. They go into TIS2WEB read the vin from the vehicle choose RFA (or RCDLR depending on the year and market) and then it'll ask you which market, choose Police Vehicle then it will ask to choose +/- BTV you choose + and program. I mean in theory we can bench program them with your BCM I just dont know if it wipes the fob memory if we do it out of car.
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Thanks for the reply. What is the fob memory? Would that just be when I use the DIC to program a remote? Or is it way more complicated than that...

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

He's talking about the stored key learn in the module and whether or not it's stored in the BCM. If you want to know how to do exactly everything you need to do before sending your BCM to Chris, lookup my thread Remote Start Adventure.

I'll literally be sending my BCM to Chris tomorrow and will update that thread on whether or not it works for me doing the Tis2Web programming myself with the VXDiag.

The other two pieces you program are the Remote Function Actuator and the Immobilizer, both via Tis to yes with BTV. Highly recommend the VXdiag, worth its weight in gold and then some.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Funny, that is the exact piece I was looking at on Amazon the other evening. I will check out your thread for updates, thanks for your reply.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

No problem I'm right in the midst of it all. I personally ordered the one without Wi-Fi. That module is worth it and for me Tech2 and SPS were easy enough to experiment with and then get proficient at.

I had my dealer turn off my airbag light last year to tune of $160. Little did I know I could've bought that guy for $120 and did it myself. Live and learn and now I know better. Happy to help.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

the keys are easy enough to program back in
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

What year is the car?

Let me ask....what have you done to prepare the vehicle for remote start? Was it already equipped with BTV, or is this your effort to add it?

1. is there a hood latch microswitch (OEM method), or have you done a jumper on the harness plug (for hood closed signal)?

2. if car was not built with BTV, has the BCM been modified for remote start function (WAMS flash update)?

3. do you have the 4-position RKE transmitter(s) with the start function?
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

This is my effort to add it, 2012 is the year.

1) no hood switch
2) no BCM programming
3) yes as I didnt even have an RKE transmitter to begin with and desired to at the very least have one of my cars enter the 21st century

1 and 2 are "no" and I'm 100% aware I need them. I can understand that this is something the dealer might not see every day but then it lands on me to decide if i want to bank on that uncertainty. I would rather know I have a solution to the non-WAMS part of the process beforehand, that's pretty much it.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

Yeah. You got it figured out. That's why I created my thread. As a DIY guide to help others out. Good luck!

Active Duty USAF