Remote start adventure (11-13)

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
s/c'd cav

Re: Remote start adventure (11-13)

Post by s/c'd cav »

camrat68 wrote:
Jaked1985 wrote:Not to hijack, but, is aftermarket remote start not an option without the bcm patch as well?
This is a very valid question. Can remote start be added via the aftermarket or is a BCM reprogram via WAMS the ONLY option?

Jim
as i said above , a aftermarket remote start system has nothing to do with the OE remote start
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

I can't see why an aftermarket remote start can't be used here unless there is something really funky with our platform, seeing it's from Holden, that would preclude this.

Somebody must have tried it?
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

Alright guys got my BCM back from WAMS today. Remote start is a go.

The option shows up in the DIC. The relearn steps I had to perform via the VXdiag and Tech2 were:

Brake pedal position relearn
Setup primary SDM key in BCM
Tire pressure/size information to 39psi front and 44 rear
Use TPMS tool to re-pair sensors.

No lights, no Christmas trees, no codes in any modules, and with remote start. Can I get a yee yee?

In conclusion, I bought two fobs with the PNs listed in original post. I bought the hood latch with connector. The VXdiag helped me perform SPS functions to flash the Immobilizer and RFA modules. In return for a $40 subscription to ACdelco SPS.

With the $150 plus shipping to send my BCM to Chris White, I'm under 500 bucks for fully functional factory remote start that I did myself minus Chris's graceful touch.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

How about a Woo Hoo? :mrgreen:

I don't know if it's really worth it for me since I just drive it in the summer, currently in dry storage.
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

Mines in storage as well. But I wanted to have it. Also I figured increase the value.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Yeah, I might still do it for the Ooooh Ahhhh factor but the current exchange rate is a bitch.
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Thanks for updating this thread. Remote start just jumped to near the top of next things to do! Nicely done and thanks for documenting all that went into it.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Does anyone have the procedure on how to jumper the OEM hood latch connector to make it work instead of buying the new latch? I realize the implied safety concerns of doing so but I can also see that it might be a handy function to have if you are working on something with the car alone and want to fire up the engine while you are underhood. I can also see how you could give a non RS keyfob when handing car over for any service.
I also want to know if anyone has found a dealer who will do the tech2 portion of this mod and if so what did they charge. I don't know if I really want to buy that tool as I have limited time left with this car but I would like to get this done.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

xcidmigs wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:03 pm I can also see how you could give a non RS keyfob when handing car over for any service.

I also want to know if anyone has found a dealer who will do the tech2 portion of this mod and if so what did they charge.

I don't know if I really want to buy that tool as I have limited time left with this car but I would like to get this done.
Can't help with the jumper question.

I have both 3 & 4 function keys, and all work--2 flip keys with RS, and 2 "original" non-RS keys that were given the recall blade twist.

I don't really recall what it cost, but my local dealer "supertech" did the Tech2 function activation--it was reasonable. The hard part at the time was to realize that the solution wasn't coming from GM, and then I learned about WAMS. I believe my car/BCM was first PPV that Chris put the patch on to make BTV functional--back in 2013.

BTW, this local tech is the same one that adjusted TPMS system alarm setting to 30 PSI to eliminate cold-weather nuisance alarms, since I run 36 PSI at all 4 corners, same as G8 & SS.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Is this where you bought the GM license this top portion? Could you possibly walk us through the steps a bit more, I really want to do this but I'm not sure I am following the process of the programming

https://www.acdelcotds.com/acdelco/action/subscribehome