Headlight bulb replacement instructions?

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
SSpeedracer

Re: Headlight bulb replacement instructions?

Post by SSpeedracer »

lastcall190 wrote:Nice. No passenger side cover eh? I thought so too on mine and went through the same BS as you, ended up getting the high beam cover with the P/N I provided, and didn't want to buy the full size one for 3x the price. My cover was dropped below the headlight and had just been sitting there for what looks like years. Maybe yours is in the same spot :lol:

I purchased damn near the same HID kit as you as well. I put amber markers in however so color matching wasn't as much a priority. Thanks for part numbers and pics of your LEDs, car looks good (I love those reverse LEDs).

-J
Thanks. Thats a very good idea to check the engine bay for a lost cover. I recently found a roll of electric tape I lost a couple of months ago.

I read a post about the Ambers, may have been yours, and I wanted to do the same but the ones I bought were too faint. If I had more time I'd crack open the headlight housing and paint that corner light section. It detracts from the car's appearance.
2016 Caprice
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Not sure if it was mine, but I know Garner (9C1Fanatic I believe) did the same, and his post was the inspiration for me changing mine. I agree, they are somewhat faint in anything but dusk and later, but I was inspired by the look of the f-body cars with the amber DRLs (and tons of other GMs of that era) and I wanted to mimic.

I was actually watching Cops last night and there was a PPV that had brilliant white matching markers and low beams which had an HID color. Wonder if modifications were made :lol:
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Useless update but thank you for the suggestions and pics of your own. I picked these up last week for when my car got back from the dealer for recalls, and these are AWESOME. The reverse lights are very bright which is great considering I get home in the dark, typically back in, and if it's raining, I have a very poor exterior light to help me. My wife wants them for her car now. When I turned the key and shifted to reverse, I saw my backyard light up!

The license plate lights shocked me with how easy they are. One of the sockets has some corrosion on the contacts I have to clean up.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

SSpeedracer wrote:
lastcall190 wrote:Nice. No passenger side cover eh? I thought so too on mine and went through the same BS as you, ended up getting the high beam cover with the P/N I provided, and didn't want to buy the full size one for 3x the price. My cover was dropped below the headlight and had just been sitting there for what looks like years. Maybe yours is in the same spot :lol:

I purchased damn near the same HID kit as you as well. I put amber markers in however so color matching wasn't as much a priority. Thanks for part numbers and pics of your LEDs, car looks good (I love those reverse LEDs).

-J
Thanks. Thats a very good idea to check the engine bay for a lost cover. I recently found a roll of electric tape I lost a couple of months ago.

I read a post about the Ambers, may have been yours, and I wanted to do the same but the ones I bought were too faint. If I had more time I'd crack open the headlight housing and paint that corner light section. It detracts from the car's appearance.
+1 on checking the engine compartment! Also, check the 'Lower Deflector', that pan under the bumper cover. I dropped one of the driver's side covers, and it slid down a duct into that area. Had to roll the car up on ramps and drop the panel to retrieve that cover!

Nice reverse lights!! What bulbs did you get? Brand/P/N. Thanks.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Not OP but here are the exact ones I purchased (going by his description in a prior post):

https://www.amazon.com/LASFIT-Polarity- ... lasfit+921" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Cool! Thank you. It looks like those are a bit different than other similar bulbs by having some LED modules pointing straight out the top of the housing. That should increase the amount of light sent straight out of the housing a fair amount.

Time to place an order!!
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
v8suprcapric

Post by v8suprcapric »

Well I successfully changed out my passenger side headlight bulb (and the driver's side at an earlier date) without removing the bumper, I simply moved moved the fuse box over a couple inches and undid a couple wire ties holding cables that were in the way. I'm going to write a post with pics explaining how simple it was. Hopefully no one will pay a dealer to do this!
1987 Landau (383 stroker, vortec heads, 700r4, posi rear, Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, Bassett 15x8, BFGoodrich 275/60, 9C1 speedo)
2011 9C3 (K&N CAI, Weldcraft widened 18x9 factory steelies, Bridgestone 285/35)
Urban Whale

Post by Urban Whale »

Old thread, I know. But the hint about looking around for the dust cap was spot on. My pass side had been missing, but i found it sitting on top of the coolant tank.