New Caprice - Discussion forums

The worldwide owner-to-owner online support system for the Chevrolet Caprice PPV
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:37 am 

lastcall190 wrote:
Nice. No passenger side cover eh? I thought so too on mine and went through the same BS as you, ended up getting the high beam cover with the P/N I provided, and didn't want to buy the full size one for 3x the price. My cover was dropped below the headlight and had just been sitting there for what looks like years. Maybe yours is in the same spot :lol:

I purchased damn near the same HID kit as you as well. I put amber markers in however so color matching wasn't as much a priority. Thanks for part numbers and pics of your LEDs, car looks good (I love those reverse LEDs).

-J

Thanks. Thats a very good idea to check the engine bay for a lost cover. I recently found a roll of electric tape I lost a couple of months ago.

I read a post about the Ambers, may have been yours, and I wanted to do the same but the ones I bought were too faint. If I had more time I'd crack open the headlight housing and paint that corner light section. It detracts from the car's appearance.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:44 pm 

Not sure if it was mine, but I know Garner (9C1Fanatic I believe) did the same, and his post was the inspiration for me changing mine. I agree, they are somewhat faint in anything but dusk and later, but I was inspired by the look of the f-body cars with the amber DRLs (and tons of other GMs of that era) and I wanted to mimic.

I was actually watching Cops last night and there was a PPV that had brilliant white matching markers and low beams which had an HID color. Wonder if modifications were made :lol:

2008 CVPI
163k miles and counting