2011 Caprice high beams not working

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
ABrandenburg

2011 Caprice high beams not working

Post by ABrandenburg »

Ok, I noticed the other day that my high beams don’t work, I don’t think I’ve ever actually tried to use them since I bought the car but it’s something I would like to fix. I’ve checked the fuses and the relay and both are fine so if anyone has any suggestions of what I should look at I would appreciate it.
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Re: 2011 Caprice high beams not working

Post by Pursuit »

Could the headlight harness be disconnected where the "plug and play" headlight flasher and "connector intercept" was? Maybe they forgot to plug them back together? The harness would be behind the passenger headlight area.

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
ABrandenburg

Post by ABrandenburg »

The low beams come on but not the highs, are they separate harnesses? If so I’ll go digging into that birds nest behind the passenger headlight to see if something is disconnected.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Yes think the wig wags just interrupted the high beams only. If you still have the wig wag module there unplug it and connect the two connectors from the car together. That will eliminate the module as a potential source of failure.

Then of course check the relay in the underhood fuse block. Just switch it out with another relay of the same type to see if any difference.

Relay R11 is the one you want:

Also the fuses but doubt you blew two of them.

If all that looks good then the Switch is not sending the signal to the BCM.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

Is the 2013 fuse box the same as a 2014? I can only find a wiring diagram for a 2014 online at LS1 Tech. That image you have posted is the same fuse box I have in my 13 Steve. But I'm trying to chase down a fuse for the upstream O2 sensors.
Thanks
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's