Automatic unlock/lock with drivers door keylock

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
StevenJay

Automatic unlock/lock with drivers door keylock

Post by StevenJay »

I have a 2014 PPV and the automatic unlocking when turning the drivers door keylock cylinder twice in the unlock or lock position does not activate the other doors like it should. It was a documented added option. Does anyone know what fuse controls this function or if it can be enabled or disabled through GDS2 through an MDI? any help would be a huge help, thanks
Steven J.
-2014 Chevy Caprice PPV Pre-Production Pilot vehicle RPO code-Switchblade silver metallic purchased 11/2017
-2017 Chevy Caprice PPV- Switchblade silver metallic-GM Show Car RPO code. purchased 1/2018
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Automatic unlock/lock with drivers door keylock

Post by smwalker »

Seems the BCM controls most of it. There is an option in the DIC for what happens when the remote is pressed but not for what action to take with the key command. I have seen that micro switch in the door latch that sends that signal, has an arm on it that may have broke. I would start with the wiring and switch to make sure all is OK. How many miles on your car?

Circuit/System Description:
The driver window switch monitors the voltage level of the key switch unlock signal circuit. When the key is inserted into the driver door key cylinder and turned to the Unlock position, a switch within the driver door latch closes causing the voltage to drop within the key switch unlock signal circuit. The driver window switch will detect the drop in voltage and will send a serial data message to the BCM commanding all the doors to unlock.

Door Lock Switch Operation
The body control module supplies a 12  V signal to each of the door lock and door unlock signal circuits. When the door lock switches are in the open position, the voltage level in the signal circuit will be near 12  V. When any door lock switch is pressed to the lock or unlock position, the voltage level in the appropriate signal circuit will drop to 0  V and the BCM will detect the voltage drop and command the door latches to perform the requested lock or unlock command.

Door Lock and Unlock Operation
The body control module powers the reversible door latch assemblies by providing battery positive voltage and ground to the appropriate lock and unlock control circuits of the door latch assemblies. The lock and unlock control circuits of the rear doors and passenger door latch assemblies are all connected together. When the door latch assemblies are not active, all actuator lock and unlock control circuits are supplied a floating voltage door driver by the BCM. Transitioning of the lock actuators to the lock or unlocked position depends upon which control circuits receive voltage and which control circuits receive ground.

The following three circuits are used to operate the lock:

Driver door only unlock
All passenger doors unlock
All doors lock

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
StevenJay

Post by StevenJay »

It has 4300 miles noe but I bought it with 1200 miles on it. It is a pre-production model that never saw fleet service. There is actually what remains of a yellow "pilot" sticker under the hood on the drivers side below the upper shock mount . I appreciate all the info. Time to break put the multimeter and service manual. I do have an MDI device for my laptop and an active GDS2 subscription which could help. Thanks again for the explanation, much appreciated!
Steven J.
-2014 Chevy Caprice PPV Pre-Production Pilot vehicle RPO code-Switchblade silver metallic purchased 11/2017
-2017 Chevy Caprice PPV- Switchblade silver metallic-GM Show Car RPO code. purchased 1/2018
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Would check to see if your BCM version is the most current one on GDS2. If it was an early build maybe they did not have that feature ready?

EDit: Doh
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
StevenJay

Post by StevenJay »

Will do this weekend. Thanks for the help on which direction to go in troubleshooting.
Steven J.
StevenJay

Post by StevenJay »

Thought I'd post just in case someone else was having an issue. It's all working now and turned out to be the drivers door wiring harness had been repinned by whoever had the car before I did. It only had 1300 miles and mint so I didnt think this would be an issue-WRONG! The drivers door speaker, side view mirror controls & drivers door keylock were all non functioning because they had no power....duh. Got a new harness installed in 10-15 minutes and all is working! Looking back; checking the pin out diagram with my door to body connector (behind the rubber boot where the door wiring goes up against the body) would of pointed me right to the issue. Thanks for your help Steve W.
Steven J.