Service tire monitor system won't go away

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Combatcarl

Service tire monitor system won't go away

Post by Combatcarl »

I have a 14 caprice that I just got and the "service tire monitor system" won't go away! I'm assuming it's the seosors in thebwheels but I can't find anything on which one it is or anything. The only thing the center displa will say is service the system.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Service tire monitor system won't go away

Post by Navy Lifer »

You say you "just got" a 2014 model--from auction, from a dealer, from a private seller, or where? Is there any way to know what maintenance has or has not been done prior to the car getting to you?

I suggest you get a full readout of the sensors by location and do a sensor reset - this is the only way to confirm that what is registered in your TPMS and the sensors, by broadcasting position and serial number, are matched.

This will most likely require a dealer visit, as much as you may want to avoid it.

http://www.g8board.com/forums/17-wheels ... ost3542201" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
See post #12
indianajoe

Post by indianajoe »

They probably changed it for the 14+ caprices, but in my '11 when I had a dead sensor in a wheel I undid the battery for something else and when I plugged it back in, (it always shows km for a minute or so when I plugged it back in) I cycled through the dic and it showed the sensor numbers, with a "--" for the dead right rear.

When it relearned American mode it went back to miles and freaked out and showed service system again
StevenJay

Post by StevenJay »

My 2005 Tahoe has a way to relearn the tpms sensors in your own driveway without dealing with the dealer. I have an Mitchell 1 account for my Caprice and there should be a way of getting into the tpms relearn procedure without a tech 2 (GM scan tool). Of course you want to make sure there is a tire pressure sensor and not just a regular valve stem put on the tire. I will check.
StevenJay

Post by StevenJay »

Yes it can be done manually through the driver information center. It is in the owner's manual.
Steven J.
-2014 Chevy Caprice PPV Pre-Production Pilot vehicle RPO code-Switchblade silver metallic purchased 11/2017
-2017 Chevy Caprice PPV- Switchblade silver metallic-GM Show Car RPO code. purchased 1/2018