Power Window issue

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Power Window issue

Post by smwalker »

Going to have to call a dealer with VIN. Sites do not have left or right or 9C1 / 9C3 Designation listed anywhere that I could find.

Ask them to run down these number and let us know whats what. Help us in the future.

https://chevrolet.7zap.com/en/caprice/4 ... 808-0-0/#1
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

If you do end up getting a new one I would like to get your old one. Glad to pay for shipping. Especially if the 9C1 part is one of the expensive ones. Thinking I could recreate them for future use when they are discontinued.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

I have a couple of cars that have had the same problem with the wires breaking. GM needed to use a wire that has a more flexible wire and insulation material. Had one car have a rear driver side window that would not roll back up. It turned out that the purple wire was broken at the front door under the rubber boot.

Steve, you seem to be the electrical connector guru. Have you found a source for the connectors that are on the door harness, where it plugs in at the door pillar? I have fixed a couple of broken wires and the next one I do, I would like to go all of the way back to the terminal block and make the splice up in the door.

David
sardillim

Post by sardillim »

smwalker wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:38 pm If you do end up getting a new one I would like to get your old one. Glad to pay for shipping. Especially if the 9C1 part is one of the expensive ones. Thinking I could recreate them for future use when they are discontinued.
i will let you know when i replace it
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Sanford wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:06 am I have a couple of cars that have had the same problem with the wires breaking. GM needed to use a wire that has a more flexible wire and insulation material. Had one car have a rear driver side window that would not roll back up. It turned out that the purple wire was broken at the front door under the rubber boot.

Steve, you seem to be the electrical connector guru. Have you found a source for the connectors that are on the door harness, where it plugs in at the door pillar? I have fixed a couple of broken wires and the next one I do, I would like to go all of the way back to the terminal block and make the splice up in the door.
I was thinking about it and with our 9C1's I bet that was the first time Holden had to run the rear window wires into the drivers door. They were always in the center console for all thier other models. Probably just used the same wire thinking it was fine for the doors boots. Or maybe just to many wires in there for the rear windows. We may not see this problem with the 9C3 models because they do not have the rear window wires in the door boots. SO much more room to move around in there.

I have not tracked down all of the connectors and terminals but what I have found in other parts of the car is there only seems to be three manufacturers of connectors and terminals. TE, Yazaki and JST. Also what we have seen is the connector bodies are not always available in small lots but the terminals seem to be available. So if I could get an old harness I would just de-pin the connectors, reuse those and install fresh terminals and wires. And could maybe find wire more flexible for the door boot but still able to handle the amps needed. All just preliminary now until I could get a look at one and run down all the parts needed. Might be impossible.

And that is another possibility just making up the 4-8 wire that commonly break with new wire and the correct terminals on the end so people could take out thier harness, remove all the tape and just replace those large wires. But I think we have seen it's so tight in the boots that some of the smaller mirror adjustment wires have broken as well. Why I am thinking a total replacement might be prudent to do a one time fix for the next 10 years of civilian life.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
sardillim

Post by sardillim »

just ordered new harness, swear it was about $180.00 last time, now $247.00
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Can you share what part number you got ?

Yea I saw one that was $99 and the other that was $247, hoping the 9C1 was cheaper just due to the increased sales it probably has had over the years.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
sardillim

Post by sardillim »

I think there is a second smaller harness also in the door, that may be the $99 harness
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

sardillim wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:21 pm 92254084
I think there is a second smaller harness also in the door, that may be the $99 harness
92254084 is the driver door

92254085 is the passenger door , and depending where you are looking at prices , would likely be the $99 harness , while the driver door falls inline with the 247
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

92265350 driver rear door

92265349 passenger rear door

there is no other harness or sub harness in the doors that i can see