Power Window issue

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Power Window issue

Post by smwalker »

For getting to the connectors inside the car the fuse box comes unclipped from it's hole and moves out of the way somewhat so you can access the two connectors for the door harness. Unplug all the connectors from the fuse box you can for easy movement.

Not sure on how the door switch is mounted??
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
JRWolff

Post by JRWolff »

Thanks Sardillim and Steve. What is the easy way to remove the drivers door? I agree that this would make getting to the wiring harness much easier. Hopefully i will find a couple of damaged wires that i can splice rather than replacing the whole harness.
Twin 2012 9C1's
1991 R2500 Banks Turbo Diesel Suburban
1990 V2500 Banks Turbo Diesel Suburban
1991 GMC Syclone
1986 Buick Grand National
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

I disagree with removing the door. Getting it lined back up will be a task. And if you just remove the pins I am not sure you can lift it off with the front fender in place.

Once you got everything unplugged the harness comes out easy enough. The holes in the body are big enough for the connectors to pass through (one at a time in some cases) .
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
sardillim

Post by sardillim »

door is easy and straight forward to remove, just have a stand ready so you have somewhere to put it once its off. this will make reconnecting the harness much easier, this will also make a harness repair easier. reinstalling the door is also simple. just line up the bolt heads on the paint marks left on the hinges.
JRWolff

Post by JRWolff »

Hi Steve,
Did anyone ever send you a damaged harness for you to see if you could recreate or repair one as you had asked early on in this discussion? If not and if you are still interested, I'd be happy to send you the bad one that I just removed from my car. Let me know and I'll get it in route to you.

John
Twin 2012 9C1's
1991 R2500 Banks Turbo Diesel Suburban
1990 V2500 Banks Turbo Diesel Suburban
1991 GMC Syclone
1986 Buick Grand National
camrat68

Post by camrat68 »

Steve,

I was wondering the same thing since I'm about to swap out one bad harness for an unknown condition used harness in my 2012 which has me concerned about my 2013.

Jim
Jim Chesnutt
1968 Camaro -my first car.
1995 Black/White 9C1 Caprice
2012 Alto Gray Metallic 9C1 Caprice--The HoDag-Solo axle back exhaust, improved racing OTR CAI intake.
2013 Black/White 9C1--NADACOP-DOD Delete with BTR Stage II cam, Kooks Headers, Solo Hi-flow Cats and Header Back Mach Balanced kit, WestBendDyno tuned.