Video Connector...

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Tom Slick

Video Connector...

Post by Tom Slick »

Might be getting ahold of a few video connectors... anyone interested in one? 8-)

Later,
Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
Tom Slick

Re: Video Connector...

Post by Tom Slick »

Nobody?

Tom Slick
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Tom, I'm pretty lost on this stuff--I don't even know what a "video connector" is or what it does--maybe you can explain that (it's not obvious to me) to get more response--but I hope you'll keep pushing, no matter what.

If it's possible, and somehow involves this component, I would like to be able to utilize the display screen for a rear-view (backup) camera function, when you get that all figured out...but I won't try to do it myself.

Some things I'm OK on as far as DIY, but not that! Another trip to TX next year, and maybe we can get that done.....
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

The video connector (20-pin leaf type) allows you to connect the reverse video camera, DVD video, and the the HSV EDI (Enchanced driver interface module).

I'm installing a the reverse view camera, because our mirrors are a little on the small side, and the ass end isn't small! He he he!

Will have the dvd connection so I can plug in any video source... will be doing the audio, too... also adding the aux. audio inputs...

What I really need to do now is take some good, high-res shots of the harness going into the radio, so I know whether or not I need to add wires to the X2-X4 connectors...

Later,
Tom Slick
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Tom Slick wrote:I'm installing a the reverse view camera, because our mirrors are a little on the small side, and the ass end isn't small!
Agree--the car has a bit of a high beltline, and the rear deck/package panel behind rear seats doesn't offer a good close-in rear view. Part styling (copying who--Chrysler?) and part crash standards, I suppose. Compared to Camaro coupe, I think we've got it good--but that's a relative comparison.

Anyway, if the connector is needed for making the camera functional, sure, count me in. Since I'm not a DIY'er for this stuff, is this an essential and difficult to get part, or does it come with a package if there's a kit or installer involved? In other words, is the PPV electronics suite unique enough that I'll have to come up with this part in any situation, or would an installation specialty outfit that does upgrades to vehicle electronics have this part already?

About that ISRV mirror--the Gentex mirror we installed at Scott's is a little larger, but I think the relative narrowness of the (rear) window combined with the (greater) distance behind the mirror position to the C-pillars is the limiting factor as far as field of vision--creates a bit of a tunnel effect. The OSRV mirrors could be a bit larger, too, in that regard, but we've got what we've got.

Thanks!
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

Bill,

These video connectors are not all that easy to come by... and the ones I have must be assembled... I could possibly make one for you...

Later,
Tom Slick
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

Picture of the connector...
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

Completed the first Video Connector!

Will try to install it tonight... One input for the Rear-view Camera, and one for the RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) Video...

Later,
Tom Slick
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

Well, got the video connector installed and tested it out... Works great for both the rear-view camera and the RSE!

RSE

RVC

Later!
Tom Slick
bkwagonss

Post by bkwagonss »

Wow Tom, that's pretty cool.
You make it look easy.

I'd be interested in one of those connectors if your up for making a few of them.
Just let me know what you want for one.

So the audio part would be another connector?
2011 Caprice PPV 9C3 "karma"
2003 Silverado
1950 Chevy Fleetline
2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid (wife's car)