New Caprice - Discussion forums

The worldwide owner-to-owner online support system for the Chevrolet Caprice PPV
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:30 am
Posts: 456
Location: Maine
That's awesome

_________________
2014 Caprice PPV silver
2017 Ram 3500
2002 CETA trans am
1996 Impala ss (soon to be t56)
1995 9c1
1977 Trans am SE 4spd.
1978 trans am 400 4 spd.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:06 pm
Posts: 259
Location: Metro Detroit MI
Its pretty cool, it also includes some other cool features IE no motion locks anymore, XM radio etc :)

_________________
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2015 Jeep SRT - Stock for a hot minute.
2016 SRX - Custom BCM/HMI - More to come
2016 Yukon Denali XL - Custom BCM/HMI/IPC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:13 pm
Posts: 262
Location: Tampa, FL
GTPprix wrote:
Its pretty cool, it also includes some other cool features IE no motion locks anymore, XM radio etc :)


Chris,
You did my Chevy SS IPC reprogram to my PPV. It's still working great!

For the silverbox, would there be any advantage to get a Nav enabled box from a Malibu, Volt, etc or is the 2014 PPV box just as good?

_________________
2014 Chevrolet Caprice PPV
2014 Chevrolet Stingray Z51
2016 Cadillac ATS-V
2015 BMW X5 iDrive 50i


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:06 pm
Posts: 259
Location: Metro Detroit MI
Silversled wrote:
GTPprix wrote:
Its pretty cool, it also includes some other cool features IE no motion locks anymore, XM radio etc :)


Chris,
You did my Chevy SS IPC reprogram to my PPV. It's still working great!

For the silverbox, would there be any advantage to get a Nav enabled box from a Malibu, Volt, etc or is the 2014 PPV box just as good?


Well I mean with the obvious exception of Navigation after we are done they are just as good :) If you want nav we can make that happen as well just have to build some software so either way you are good to go.

_________________
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2015 Jeep SRT - Stock for a hot minute.
2016 SRX - Custom BCM/HMI - More to come
2016 Yukon Denali XL - Custom BCM/HMI/IPC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:26 am
Posts: 2
[quote="9C1fanatic"]Sorry for the delay, things have been so busy around here. I got the radio back from White Media awhile back and installed it. Everything works as expected and I cant say enough good things about White Media. Super great guy to work with. Camera works exactly the same as an OEM 2015-2017 Caprice. Thanks again to Chris for helping me with this project and for answering my many questions.

Attachment:
IMG_5205.JPG

Which one should get software upgraded, radio headunit or the screen? If it's headunit, can I change it with that of Camaro or Cruze with reverse camera support?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:12 am
Posts: 477
Location: phx az
no idea why ive never seen this tell now , lol

the camera the OP got and the 1 i got are different numbers , and the price was alot less


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline
Administration Staff

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:39 pm
Posts: 654
Location: Omaha, NE area
You will need use the head unit for your car.

Regards,

Maurice

_________________
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:06 pm
Posts: 259
Location: Metro Detroit MI
Daniel wrote:
9C1fanatic wrote:
Sorry for the delay, things have been so busy around here. I got the radio back from White Media awhile back and installed it. Everything works as expected and I cant say enough good things about White Media. Super great guy to work with. Camera works exactly the same as an OEM 2015-2017 Caprice. Thanks again to Chris for helping me with this project and for answering my many questions.

Attachment:
IMG_5205.JPG

Which one should get software upgraded, radio headunit or the screen? If it's headunit, can I change it with that of Camaro or Cruze with reverse camera support?


We would need to program it anyhow. If you're considering swapping units to gain nav etc contact us from our website so we can discuss your custom build.

_________________
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2015 Jeep SRT - Stock for a hot minute.
2016 SRX - Custom BCM/HMI - More to come
2016 Yukon Denali XL - Custom BCM/HMI/IPC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:26 am
Posts: 2
Actually I don't live in the USA so I'm not able to send my device to you, I'm looking for a way to add factory camera by myself.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group