Disabling Stabilitrak

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
kevink

Disabling Stabilitrak

Post by kevink »

According to the 2011 manual, you can turn Stabilitrak off by entering performance mode, but it also insinuates that it never completely turns off. Same with the 2012 manual. The only difference between the two manuals is that the 2012 manual specifically states that it can be turned completely off by holding the button in for 5 seconds. In both manuals, it sounds like Stabilitrak will interfere less when in performance mode. Is it possible that GM just didn't include instructions for whatever reason on how to turn Stabilitrak completely off in the 2011 manual? If you hold the TCS button in for 5 seconds in a 2012 car, does a message come up that says it's completely off or does it just say that it's in performance mode?
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
BIG_GREEK

Re: Disabling Stabilitrak

Post by BIG_GREEK »

IIRC, the 2011s cant turn the stabilitrack completely off. Its only 2012 and up.

I mean, if you REALLY want to turn stabilitrack off, just unplug a speed sensor. You would loose ABS and all other driver assists. But your cluster would be in season with all the different color lights. :lol:

Disclaimer for above....don't do it. lol
"God created Police Officers so Fireman could have heroes!" - My late Father

2014 Phatom Black 9C1 (Toy)
2000 VW Jetta TDI (Daily 420k miles)
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

You can't turn it off on a 2011, my tuner also stated they are not aware how to modify the performance button to make it shut off completely only that they could just turn it off completely in a tune which is not what I want.
kevink

Post by kevink »

BIG_GREEK wrote:IIRC, the 2011s cant turn the stabilitrack completely off. Its only 2012 and up.
Yes, I have also read that, but it would be nice to confirm it somehow.
BIG_GREEK wrote:I mean, if you REALLY want to turn stabilitrack off, just unplug a speed sensor. You would loose ABS and all other driver assists. But your cluster would be in season with all the different color lights. :lol:
That's not a reasonable solution.
kevink

Post by kevink »

xcidmigs wrote:You can't turn it off on a 2011, my tuner also stated they are not aware how to modify the performance button to make it shut off completely only that they could just turn it off completely in a tune which is not what I want.
Interesting. I have heard that you can't turn off Stabilitrak in a tune (at least with HP Tuners) as it's in the BCM. What does your tuner use and who do you go to? Did your tuner mention that if they turned ST off whether traction control and ABS would also be turned off? The interplay between Stabilitrak, traction control, and ABS is really interesting to me. I would love to know how they work together and how modifying one affects the other.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Kev, my tuner uses EFI live remotely after I Log info from driving. I don't recall what their specific statement was I will try to dig it up in emails...

Heres some other info I found that says again on the 2011 you can't turn off stabilitrak.

http://www.government-fleet.com/news/st ... itrak.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.hendonpub.com/resources/arti ... ls?id=1575" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cal30_sniper

Post by cal30_sniper »

Is there anyway to tune the BCM on a 2011 so that stabilitrack functions the same as the 2012/13 model? I also would like to gain the complete shutoff after 10 seconds feature. Anyone know if the BCM is pinned the same between the two years, or if they made any kind of wiring changes to accommodate the different function, or if it's purely in the code of the BCM?
-2011 Caprice 9C3: Mirage Glow Metallic, 63k miles
-2011 Caprice 9C1 (Gone)
-1973 Firebird Formula, restoration in progress
-1986 K30 Suburban 8.1L/NV4500, the toy hauler and wheeler
kevink

Post by kevink »

cal30_sniper wrote:Is there anyway to tune the BCM on a 2011 so that stabilitrack functions the same as the 2012/13 model? I also would like to gain the complete shutoff after 10 seconds feature. Anyone know if the BCM is pinned the same between the two years, or if they made any kind of wiring changes to accommodate the different function, or if it's purely in the code of the BCM?

I sure hope there's a way. Chris White does BCM programming, but he does not have anything about Stabilitrak listed on his website. I sent him an email about it anyway.
cal30_sniper

Post by cal30_sniper »

Be sure and post what you hear back. I've been corresponding back and forth with him about doing some BCM tuning for the shifter. He seems like a great guy.
-2011 Caprice 9C3: Mirage Glow Metallic, 63k miles
-2011 Caprice 9C1 (Gone)
-1973 Firebird Formula, restoration in progress
-1986 K30 Suburban 8.1L/NV4500, the toy hauler and wheeler
kevink

Post by kevink »

cal30_sniper wrote:Be sure and post what you hear back. I've been corresponding back and forth with him about doing some BCM tuning for the shifter. He seems like a great guy.
Chris said that disabling Stabilitrak may be doable and will most likely require reprogramming of the BCM and the brake control module. I'm not in a position to have mine done at this time, so if anyone wants to be the first to have it disabled on a 2011, be sure to update this thread!