20 pin USB input

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
M22muncie

20 pin USB input

Post by M22muncie »

Will this connector work to install the back up camera in our cars? Im not really that electronically inclined but I saw 20 pin connector and usb. Looks like a heck of a deal if it would work!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/us-seller-KENWO ... NS&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: 20 pin USB input

Post by smwalker »

No, does not look like it would work. And be advised just about every connector manufacturer makes a 20 pin connector but that in no way means they are interchangeable. In fact they make sure they are not just so you are guaranteed to buy from them in the future.

But one other thing you mentioned is the USB. The USB function does not go through the 20 pin connector so do not think you need it to have the USB and or Ipod functioning in our cars. The USB plug is on the other side of the unit from the 20 pin connector. And those connectors are readily available.

All the 20 pin connector does is get video signal into the unit.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
M22muncie

Post by M22muncie »

Thank you Steve. I meant to say RCA not USB ..oops. I was looking for an input cable for my back up camera since I have done the White Audio upgrade but I found two for sale on here. I saw where a board member was making the usb for the ipod input... is he still doing those?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

I was doing those, and yea still can make up one or ya. Let me know what your plans are for the install.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
armandoluna50

Post by armandoluna50 »

Steve I need one of those USB. And where can I find the rca
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

armandoluna50 wrote:Steve I need one of those USB. And where can I find the rca
I can make up a USB cable for you I just need to know what kind of receptacle you plan on using and where you want to mount that receptacle.

As for the RCA Do you mean the 20 pin connector that gives you RCA video input for a backup camera and Rear Video input? Those I am afraid are now obsolete. Another board member had two left and he sold them. The manufacturer is no longer making the connector and we have not been able to find any seller who has a supply of them. There is a company in AU that may have a few but may only part with them for large dollars as they sell them with their complete Series 2 upgrades. I would suggest as an alternative measure you look at the thread on how to solder in some connectors straight to the board. Link Here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1250&hilit=solder" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This will be by far your cheapest method. If not your only method. If you are not comfortable with soldering just find a local electronics repair company. The guys that repair laptops of fix iphones usually got the talent for good solder jobs.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
armandoluna50

Post by armandoluna50 »

Thank you Steve once I receive the Silverbox back from whites I'll let you know exactly what's I want to do
armandoluna50

Post by armandoluna50 »

I have two questions. I have a high end Shop that is willing to do the solder work but they have to know exactly where the DVD, back up camera feeds get soldered to the board. They pics on this forum show the approx. Spot bit we would like more detail of it is available. We are also wondering about the connections for the Bluetooth microphone hook up. Any information you can get to us would be greatly appreciated
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Once they get the board in front of them they should be able to see the leads to solder to. Looking at the side of the box the 4 pins are on the left side of the connector as you are looking at it in the silver box.

Pin 1 : DVD Video Signal (-) negative
Pin 2 : DVD Video Signal (+) positive
Pin 3 : Reverse Camera Video (-) negative
Pin 4 : Reverse Camera Video (+) positive

So looking at the connector in relation to connector on the board:

The two negatives would be on the bottom and the two positives on the top. Follow the leads in the connector to the board positions would give you :

Now if you do not have a connector on the board wire through the holes. But if you have a connector they can just solder onto the leads going into the holes as that would be much easier to solder on to.

The Bluetooth mic is already wired into the Large radio plug at the side of the silver box.
From the Radio Pin Out Listing it is in spots 29 and 30 in the X4 area of the plug a blue and a black wire.

The only question remaining is if you have a mic in your dome light assembly. The plug is there from the factory and wired down to the radio. The mic was an option and some got it and some did not. INstructions for checking here:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=350&p=7411&hilit=mic#p7412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
armandoluna50

Post by armandoluna50 »

Hello Steve what does the USB cord do? I's it compatible for android phone and I phone. Also I don't want to mount it is would rather just have it hanging from the side