Couple questions about White's BCM programming

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
v8suprcapric

Couple questions about White's BCM programming

Post by v8suprcapric »

For those that have had it done or know about it:

What is the end to end process? All I got from emailing the website was "You order this from us and after receipt it needs a setup run with a dealer scan tool (or other high end scan tool). It's not bad!" So is it a CD or some kind of code or what exactly do I end up doing? Am I reading in the forums correctly I need to send in my stereo?
Does this BCM programming affect my still current GM warranty?
And have you guys done the remote ignition start? On the website it says "may require new hood switch or other minor wiring changes as well as possible recalibration of the RFA/RCDLR and Immobilizer depending on how your vehicle was built". I'm also reading it sounds like given that I have a 9C3 there's a good chance it's ready for that +BTV option? And also, my key fob only has 4 buttons, Lock, Unlock, Trunk and on the backside, Red Alarm Horn button. I seem to remember seeing a different key fob that had a special button on it that was used for remote start. Would I need to get a new key fob?
1987 Landau (383 stroker, vortec heads, 700r4, posi rear, Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, Bassett 15x8, BFGoodrich 275/60, 9C1 speedo)
2011 9C3 (K&N CAI, Weldcraft widened 18x9 factory steelies, Bridgestone 285/35)
indianajoe

Re: Couple questions about White's BCM programming

Post by indianajoe »

You will need a new button pad for the key fob, it splits the trunk button into two buttons, one of which is remote start.

The hood latch for remote start has a wire connector coming out of it, and it plugs into a connector near the radiator support.

You'll need to take it to a dealer to relearn the brake pedal sensor, something for the key, and the rcdlr for remote start.
Unfortunately I haven't gotten the rcdlr reprogrammed because my local dealer is staffed by turnips in polo shirts
v8suprcapric

Post by v8suprcapric »

indianajoe wrote:You will need a new button pad for the key fob, it splits the trunk button into two buttons, one of which is remote start.
The hood latch for remote start has a wire connector coming out of it, and it plugs into a connector near the radiator support.
You'll need to take it to a dealer to relearn the brake pedal sensor, something for the key, and the rcdlr for remote start.
Unfortunately I haven't gotten the rcdlr reprogrammed because my local dealer is staffed by turnips in polo shirts
Thanks indianajoe, that all sounds like good news. But do I need to send them my radio?
1987 Landau (383 stroker, vortec heads, 700r4, posi rear, Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, Bassett 15x8, BFGoodrich 275/60, 9C1 speedo)
v8suprcapric

Post by v8suprcapric »

indianajoe wrote:You will need a new button pad for the key fob, it splits the trunk button into two buttons, one of which is remote start.
And really it's that simple with the key fob? Mine has just the 3 buttons on the front, unlock, lock, and trunk. Does the trunk button on mine have two solenoids under it and the new button cover just has the split button like this one pictured, and just needs to be reprogrammed?
Attachments
caprice_key_fob.jpeg
caprice_key_fob.jpeg (48.14 KiB) Viewed 18957 times
4_button_key_fob_pad.jpg
4_button_key_fob_pad.jpg (286.46 KiB) Viewed 18957 times
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Remote Start for PPV's without it (from March 2013)
http://newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bottom line, you have to buy the transmitter, and swap your key over to it. There is programming still to be done to make the new transmitter & remote start functional, as well as the new hood latch, in addition to the BCM "patch" from WAMS.

The connector for the hood latch microswitch is at the top of the radiator support, directly behind the existing latch--purple in color.

In Parts Group 10.485
Transmitter complete with cover, 4 button/remote start
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/92237316" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pushbutton molded rubber cover, 4 button/remote start (PART IN YOUR PHOTO)
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/92245050" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latch (with RPO BTV remote start)
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/92258586" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

You will have to learn the new transmitter to the car and/or pair it with a second transmitter. That relearn is in the owners manual. You get into the info center screen in the Instrument cluster via the steering wheel control. After you get the BCM reprogrammed and installed back into the car, you will have an ABS fault, Airbag fault and Traction Control fault. The Brake Pedal Position re-learn done by the dealer should take care of them. The dealer will also have to do the RCDL and maybe add the +BTV. IT depends a lot on the dealership. Some dealerships have balked at doing the +BTV as it is considered a deviation away from the original programming. I would get confirmation from your dealer that they will do it. Also make sure that they understand how to do it.

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
v8suprcapric

Post by v8suprcapric »

Navy Lifer wrote:Remote Start for PPV's without it (from March 2013)
http://newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bottom line, you have to buy the transmitter, and swap your key over to it. There is programming still to be done to make the new transmitter & remote start functional, as well as the new hood latch, in addition to the BCM "patch" from WAMS.
Thanks Bill, I read that whole forum and now am almost 100% educated on the matter. I'm still confused on 1 thing though, what do I need to send to Chris (besides the $175 frog skins)?
v8suprcapric

Post by v8suprcapric »

Pursuit wrote:You will have to learn the new transmitter to the car and/or pair it with a second transmitter. That relearn is in the owners manual. You get into the info center screen in the Instrument cluster via the steering wheel control. After you get the BCM reprogrammed and installed back into the car, you will have an ABS fault, Airbag fault and Traction Control fault. The Brake Pedal Position re-learn done by the dealer should take care of them. The dealer will also have to do the RCDL and maybe add the +BTV. IT depends a lot on the dealership. Some dealerships have balked at doing the +BTV as it is considered a deviation away from the original programming. I would get confirmation from your dealer that they will do it. Also make sure that they understand how to do it.
Thanks Maurice!
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

v8suprcapric wrote:Thanks Bill, I read that whole forum and now am almost 100% educated on the matter. I'm still confused on 1 thing though, what do I need to send to Chris (besides the $175 frog skins)?
I recall what I did was buy a new "blank" BCM, which I had the local dealer super-tech clone to match my VIN, and all of it's programming features, to keep all existing functions it originally had, then sent that to Chris for modification.

That allowed me to keep the car running until his work was done, then my tech swapped the BCM's and did the re-learns and anything else necessary to make remote start work. I still have my original BCM, un-modified, on the shelf.

Chris may remember differently....
v8suprcapric

Post by v8suprcapric »

Navy Lifer wrote:
v8suprcapric wrote:Thanks Bill, I read that whole forum and now am almost 100% educated on the matter. I'm still confused on 1 thing though, what do I need to send to Chris (besides the $175 frog skins)?
I recall what I did was buy a new "blank" BCM, which I had the local dealer super-tech clone to match my VIN, and all of it's programming features, to keep all existing functions it originally had, then sent that to Chris for modification.

That allowed me to keep the car running until his work was done, then my tech swapped the BCM's and did the re-learns and anything else necessary to make remote start work. I still have my original BCM, un-modified, on the shelf.

Chris may remember differently....
Ok final question, where is the bcm located and does anyone have a picture of it? I shall have remote start this winter! :D