Stereo Antenna Plug / Connector

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Stereo antenna

Post by smwalker »

A user on the FB group said he contacted a company in France and had a few sent to him after much back and forth. I am trying to get some contact info from him. Will post here when I do.

But Removal seems pretty straight forward. 4 legs soldered in and once center contact in a bed of solder. Just need a good solder sucker to remove it all.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Just a bump for this thread as I have found a supply of the antenna connectors. They seem to be actual original Radiall parts (or very good copies). I have a supply of 40 of them on the way to me. Last shipment took about 25 days. So we will now have a good supply of these here in the USA. I have one right now if anyone needs it. Cost should be around $15 each with shipping but I am going to see how I can ship them first class postage to save some money.

Some measurements:
https://imgur.com/a/VDJNNXa
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Just a bump to inform I now have a supply of Antenna Connectors. They look to be genuine Radiall like maybe these guys bought out the supply somewhere. Cost is $15.00 for the first one, $7.00 for each additional one in same shipment. Plan to list them on Ebay as well to catch guys not on the board. But always a better deal through the board here.

EDIT SEE BELOW FOR MOUSER PURCHASE OPTION - I AM OUT OF THEM!!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
ig109

Re: Stereo Antenna Plug / Connector

Post by ig109 »

I was able to get a connector from SMwalker and this weekend went ahead and took the unit out, used the mercialago thread on how to get the unit apart - soldered a new antenna connector on and put the AUX input for the camera on the board as well.

The only part I will offer any assistance on is to not waste your time trying to get the solder off of the terminals on the board itself.. the connector is a large base and acts like a huge heat sink. Instead use a powerful soldering iron and tin your tip and put heat directly to the connector itself on the aluminum portion. This will put heat throughout that connector and loosen the solder. I had to hold my iron on this piece and pull it out with a small flat screwdriver to get it all to work.

Oh - and don't forget to dab a solder drop on the antenna positive wire inside the opening.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Stereo Antenna Plug / Connector

Post by smwalker »

Good news on the antenna connector I came across tonight. Seems in 2019 they started making them again!! 1 digit change to the part number and now mouser seems to be stocking them in small quantities. I compared the new and old data sheets and all the measurements seem to be the same so I believe it is the same piece.

Mouser listing:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Ra ... Zhrg%3D%3D

New Data Sheet:
https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/1096 ... 952043.pdf
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White