only one speaker working

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
bvanbeest

only one speaker working

Post by bvanbeest »

hey guys. new to the forum. got a quick question. when I purchased my 2013 caprice, the only speaker that works is the front right. there are speakers in the rest of the doors. but they almost seem like they are shut off. do you guys think they could be shut off from the radio programming? if so do you think White Audio could fix this when I send it in to get options fully unlocked? any input is appreciated! thanks!
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: only one speaker working

Post by smwalker »

If your car was in service before you got it I would say more likely is they cut some speakers wires somewhere i order to run other audio through them. IN the passenger side footwell there is a plug where you can tap into the rear speakers but not sure where they would have tapped into the one front speaker. Close to the radio plug I would imagine.

Just going to have to take things apart and see if there are any cuts anywhere.

Oh and welcome to the Forum!! Tell us about you car!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
bvanbeest

Post by bvanbeest »

alright thank you Steve! ill take a look at it tomorrow and see if I can come up with anything and ill post my findings.

I just purchased a 2013 9c1, 111k miles, L77 6.0, huron white, it was in service for New York sheriffs office. I love the car so far just trying to fix the little things that come with cop cars is kind of a pain, but then again I knew what I was getting into. just got to figure everything out haha
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome! Make sure to say hello to everyone in the intro section! AND... don't forget to check both your trunk & tranny hump sides for equipment mounting holes. Rule #1 when dealing with a former police service vehicle. Get a tube of silicone, pull all your carpeting or mat from the trunk and front seat area forward of the seats. Check for holes residual to equipment mounting, if any are found plug 'em up!

It's not as bad now with the factory console as it was in the days before the center consoles came into vogue, but if you miss some holes, each puddle you hit will result in a few drops of water being infused into your car. Over time if left unsealed, baaaaad news. And smell from wet insulation which smells like sour air conditioner, easy to confuse that one.

Again, welcome!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.