Video input options/pinout diagrams

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
kevink

Video input options/pinout diagrams

Post by kevink »

What are the options for adding video inputs these days to the early radios that have the connector on the radio? Is it true that the other half of the connector is no longer available? If that's the case, I'll just solder directly to the board, but I have yet to see either a pinout diagram of the connector or a diagram showing where to connect to the board. Does anyone have either of these diagrams?
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Video input options/pinout diagrams

Post by smwalker »

If you cannot find a connector for it I think your only option is soldering on RCA leads to the board. The kind of connector it is inside the radio does not lend it's self to jerry rigging something to it.

We did not get much info when we purchased the connectors.. The basics we needed of the 20 pin connector were:

Pin 1 : DVD Video Signal (-) negative
Pin 2 : DVD Video Signal (+) positive
Pin 3 : Reverse Camera Video (-) negative
Pin 4 : Reverse Camera Video (+) positive

(the connector had numbers on it to ID the pin slots)

5-20 were supposedly for the EDI function standard in the AU version. No one ever mapped it out since I do not think it would be useful anyway.

Think some guys have shared pictures of where they soldered onto for the RCA leads. They are here somewhere.

Got to get creative.

EDIT: OOOHH!! Just found this on a commodore board:
1 Bare : Shield DVD Input Video Ground (-)
2 Red : DVD Input Video Signal (+)
3 Bare : Shield Reverse Camera Video Ground (-)
4 Red : Reverse Camera Video Signal (+)
5 : Not Used
6 : Not Used
7 Green : Video Connector (RGBS) - Blue
8 Black : Video Connector (RGBS) - Green
9 Yellow : Video Connector (RGBS) - Low Reference
10 Red : Video Connector (RGBS) - Red
11 Bare Shield : Video Connector (RGBS) - Ground
12 White Video : Connector (RGBS) - Syncronisation
13 - 20 : Not Used
Last edited by smwalker on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
kevink

Post by kevink »

Thanks, Steve. I am always impressed by your continual help and knowledge! I am certainly willing to get creative, but knowing the pinout is the first step. Do you recall which pins on the connector were pins 1 through 4? I don't have my radio in front of me and I'm not sure if there is one or two rows of pins, but if you are looking at the connector in the radio, where is pin 1? If I can find out which pins on the connector are pins 1 through 4, the only thing left to do is to figure out where on the PCB those pins connect, which should be easy.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

I just bumped up the thread where 91C soldered onto his connector pins, take a look at that. But as you are looking at the 20 pin receptacle in the radio pin # 1 will be on your left.

Here is the diagram looking at the 20 pin connector so of course #1 is on the right but when you plug it in the wire contacts wlll be on the left as you are looking at the plug inserted.

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

And just thinking one other place you maybe able to get one is from a car they are wrecking in AU. That is if they wold cut it off the dash harness for you. And it would have to me a series 2 of the VE or WM that either had EDI or a BAck Up Camera. Wonder if the radio upgrader's in AU are scooping those up?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

kevink wrote:What are the options for adding video inputs these days to the early radios that have the connector on the radio? Is it true that the other half of the connector is no longer available? If that's the case, I'll just solder directly to the board, but I have yet to see either a pinout diagram of the connector or a diagram showing where to connect to the board. Does anyone have either of these diagrams?
The video connector plug is available from a board member by the name "yuimyt". Yui sells them for $40.00 as a put it together yourself kit or $60.00 fully assembled. I would highly suggest the assembled version. These contacts are super small and the wires for the video plugs even smaller. The connector is made by SMK and their part number is CSC1020-1882F. Minimum Order I have found to be 500 so for now Yuimyt has a corner on the market.

not sure if this guy is around or still has them, Thats what i bought from him last year and it works great. read this thread also..

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=836" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kevink

Post by kevink »

Thank you both. I did PMd Yuimyt, but he said that he's all sold out and will not be getting any more connectors as it's no longer manufactured. It seems like the only options are to solder directly to the board or find a take-off part from Australia unless I can figure something else out after I get the radio back and study the socket.