Interior Dome Lights and AUX connection Question

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Interior Dome Lights and AUX connection Question

Post by smwalker »

And Zeos I saw you posted the Underhood fuse box in the other thread, do you know there is another fuse box on the kick panel by the drivers left foot. That is the instrument panel fuse box. Just FYI
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Zeos

Post by Zeos »

Yeah I knew about the kick box but it wasn't labeled as well as what you posted.

Just got in and I will get out tomorrow and check that fuse (pretty sure I checked all the fuses in there with the tester) and move on from there. I checked the wires in the connector in the trunk and the left side flashed (threw 12V) and the right side didn't. I did find out that the hazards don't work when you unplug that connections and the radio goes dark and HVAC becomes uncontrollable. So an important group of wires in the trunk.

I will report back tomorrow on my findings. Thanks everyone for your help. I want to get her out on the road and I don't feel safe doing it with no turn or brake light on that side.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Zeos wrote: My interior domes work with the button in front but the other accompanying button that shows "Doors" does nothing. Is there something I am missing to get the interior lights to work with the doors or is it possible it was disabled more permanently by the Maryland PD?
To follow up on your interior light issue. Your SPID label indicates you got the 7Y6 option.

That option is discussed a bit in this thread and also on some other so do a search of "7Y6"

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=43&p=411&hilit=7y6#p411" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Long and short of it is it is a BCM function and would require a reprogramming. Do some reading on here is Chris WHite or a dealer has ever successfuly turned the option back on.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Zeos

Post by Zeos »

Well that solves the looking for an answer bit. Thanks.

I suppose a custom solution might need to get implemented to avoid reprogramming everything to work. Shouldn't be too hard to do.. I said so confidently before I began.
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

YAY! He "took the bait" or he "drank the Kool Aid"!!! :D
Zeos, good luck with this and any future mods. We are here to help. And stir.... ;)
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof