Calling Chris White

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
mercialogo

Calling Chris White

Post by mercialogo »

Chris, help. 1st, let me say, It took me 3 days to get this bleep bleep bleep radio out of my caprice. OMG. the 2013 knee air bags and my fat stupid fingers made this job almost impossible. I will be making my order as soon as I figure out what is going on here. So I pealed back the sticker where my Video cable is supposed to go,,,,, am I missing something? Should I not be seeing a plug or something or is this something that you add?

1991 Honda Night Hawk 750
2000 Silver Trans Am (RIP)
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Extreme
2013 Silver Caprice PPV
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Calling Chris White

Post by smwalker »

Ah yea missing the 20 pin connector. Damn hope this is not the case for all 2013's

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
mercialogo

Post by mercialogo »

Does this mean i cant have the back up cam? Or can it be taken apart and added?
1991 Honda Night Hawk 750
2000 Silver Trans Am (RIP)
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Extreme
2013 Silver Caprice PPV
yargnits

Post by yargnits »

Here's what it looks like from inside (of a 2011), with a connector soldered in. I had thought about soldering my own wires at these solder pads and connecting them to a more conventional 20 pin connector, external to the radio. I abandoned the idea when I thought how it may be difficult to re-install the box with a pigtail of wires hanging out of it. It might be the only option for you, but only experimentation will answer the question of "will it work".

On a side note: Does Chris only work on the weekend? I had high hopes of having my radio back within a couple days, but it's coming up on a week with no status emails.
Attachments
File Mar 17, 9 34 09 AM.jpeg
File Mar 17, 9 34 09 AM.jpeg (111.9 KiB) Viewed 14694 times
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

Leads can simply be soldered to the board alleviating the need to find the connector(s). Also yes as stated on the site/autoresponder we are only officially open on the weekend for order processing which is why we recommend shipments arrive on a Friday for processing out the following Monday. I did however knock a batch out last night that will be shipping today.

PS for a faster direct response please email directly from our site; thank you!
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
yargnits

Post by yargnits »

Thanks Chris. Have you seen missing connectors on 2013 (others?) radios, and have you verified soldering wires is an option on those units? Maybe the OP will pay a little more if you provide the service. Heck, they can just bypass the connector all together and wire the RCA cables directly to the board.

See if a couple of these can fit in the silverbox side: http://www.amazon.com/Seismic-Audio-SAP ... B00F8M8SBI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

yargnits wrote:Thanks Chris. Have you seen missing connectors on 2013 (others?) radios, and have you verified soldering wires is an option on those units? Maybe the OP will pay a little more if you provide the service. Heck, they can just bypass the connector all together and wire the RCA cables directly to the board.

See if a couple of these can fit in the silverbox side: http://www.amazon.com/Seismic-Audio-SAP ... B00F8M8SBI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I hadn't until recently when BlackGT5 pointed out it was only some 2013's. Since then I've gotten only one and since its through board you can indeed solder the RCA (wire portion) right to the board.
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
BlackGT5

Post by BlackGT5 »

Yea this is the 4th radio I have seen now with the missing connector. All are 2013 versions. Must be some cost cutting measures.
Last edited by BlackGT5 on Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
2009.5 PBM G8 GT - CAI, Headers, Tune
yargnits

Post by yargnits »

Chris, I've been sending you emails via replying to your email to me and via the website. I'm not getting any replies. I have received nothing to my ameritech.net account and the only email I've received from you came to my att.net account. There's nothing in either spam folder. Can you resend any emails to the same username @att.net?

I'm going to research issues I'm having since the BCM and radio re-install.

Thanks
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
BlackGT5

Post by BlackGT5 »

yargnits wrote:Chris, I've been sending you emails via replying to your email to me and via the website. I'm not getting any replies. I have received nothing to my ameritech.net account and the only email I've received from you came to my att.net account. There's nothing in either spam folder. Can you resend any emails to the same username @att.net?

I'm going to research issues I'm having since the BCM and radio re-install.

Thanks
Just curious, what issues are you having with the radio?
2009.5 PBM G8 GT - CAI, Headers, Tune