HSV E3 / Maloo binnacle gauges

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
xcidmigs

Re: HSV E3 / Maloo binnacle gauges

Post by xcidmigs » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:16 pm

This seems like a lot of work to just have those aux gauges, has anyone done just the A pillar mount style or I recall seeing a piece that replaces the lower dash cubby area with at least 1 guage pod, the area behind that is very tight not sure what is possible there but again seems like a much easier way to go than the entire dash swap out deal.

elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:21 am

Actually I still have the prototype and the piece the prototype will need to be matched to. The rest of the trimming will have to be completed to make the dimensions match one-for-one to clip into the Caprice dash, then the prototype will have to be sent for CAD work. I just was sidelined on other projects and boxed it, the rest of the work can be completed probably without too much difficulty. HOW we get there is the issue I'll need to do some off-line discussions with a few people on.

Eric
System Manager and your tourguide for the day. Caprice Alumni, former owner of a 2011 Caprice 9C3 with a Rotofab CAI and front radiator cover, 3.45 LSD Camaro rear diff, Chris Henry performance tune, G8 GT 18" Enkei rims w/Holden lions, custom SLP axle-back muffler set with tips, Holden WM Caprice factory spoiler, Holden SSV leather steering wheel and leather shift knob, Whelen Alpha-12Q airhorn amp. G8 GT rear seat swap, AVS Ventshades.

cal30_sniper

Post by cal30_sniper » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:22 am

That's awesome, Eric. Glad you're still working on it.

I just ordered the whole kit to put the HSV E3 pod and trim in my car. I think it's an awesome looking setup, completely changes the look of the interior.
-2911 Caprice 9C3: Mirage Glow Metallic, 63k miles
-2011 Caprice 9C1 (Gone)
-1973 Firebird Formula, restoration in progress
-1986 K30 Suburban 8.1L/NV4500, the toy hauler and wheeler

Lentzjj

Post by Lentzjj » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:53 am

I just ordered the kit myself to do this. The guy Matty i dealt with seemed knowledgeable about our cars and helpful we will see how ot works out.

This is there site
https://lsxtreme.com.au/product/lsx-404/