ISO Solder Guide to AUX cables on IQ Radio

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Oldblue68chevy

Re: ISO Solder Guide to AUX cables on IQ Radio

Post by Oldblue68chevy »

The ground would be the row closer to the edge of the board the left circle on the pic you posted. The signal is the other row the right circle.
2011 PPV 9C3
NovaPPV

Post by NovaPPV »

OK so I soldered the AUX cable onto the right pins.

Pulled power from ignition switch that Steve posted here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=836&sid=6a2fab76e8 ... 1dd5#p7590" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check that each connection was getting steady power, it is.

The resulting image is a grainy white screen of death.

When I unplug it all, I just get a solid white screen.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Attachments
IMG_6466.JPG
IMG_6466.JPG (100.99 KiB) Viewed 8805 times
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Lets see a picture of the solder job.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
91C02920

Post by 91C02920 »

Do you have anything else that outputs video with an yellow rca you can plug into the video in to test it?
I would start there. I was able to use my phone, but anything with a Composite video output should show on the screen.
NovaPPV wrote:OK so I soldered the AUX cable onto the right pins.

Pulled power from ignition switch that Steve posted here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=836&sid=6a2fab76e8 ... 1dd5#p7590" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check that each connection was getting steady power, it is.

The resulting image is a grainy white screen of death.

When I unplug it all, I just get a solid white screen.

Anybody have any suggestions?
91C02920

Post by 91C02920 »

smwalker wrote:Lets see a picture of the solder job.
Steve, what do you think about using a crimp on ring connector and a nut and bolt to attach the wires to the board in the future for guys without a connector? Do they make them small enough to use here?

Seems to me it chould be easy enough to do for most and avoid the small pieces soldering issue some of us(me included) have.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

91C02920 wrote:
smwalker wrote:Lets see a picture of the solder job.
Steve, what do you think about using a crimp on ring connector and a nut and bolt to attach the wires to the board in the future for guys without a connector? Do they make them small enough to use here?

Seems to me it could be easy enough to do for most and avoid the small pieces soldering issue some of us(me included) have.
Yea not a bad idea. Or at least for the guys without the plug in place they make things called header pins that you still have to solder in place but at least you are dealing with a piece of metal as opposed to a flimsy wire through a hole. Not sure I have ever seen a header pin that is a screw down type. I think the right screw could work maybe if it was double nutted to lock them in and keep a good connection to the board pad.

Would like to get my hands on a extra silver box so I could experiment with this issue and the broken antenna problem. Gotta come up with a better solution for the broken antenna problem.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
NovaPPV

Post by NovaPPV »

Here's a pic of the solder job. I did a very amateur job [as you can see I burned the board a bit] and had a local electrician do this one. He said the tracers and resisters were good. He also decided to solder the negative to PIN 1 as I gummed up PIN 3 pretty badly.

Still no joy on image quality...white screen of death. I hooked up an old sega to the RCA line too, and same image quality.

Maybe I messed up the board? Is it possible to get an extra board for this, or will it mess up what Chris White did?

Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_6528.JPG
IMG_6528.JPG (160.09 KiB) Viewed 8766 times
Oldblue68chevy

Post by Oldblue68chevy »

Whew thats not pretty. Its hard to say from those pics but I can see lifted traces. If there are any solder bridges on either side of the board its not going to work. A pic of the other side would help plus that pic has a shadow on the yellow wire. Makes it hard to see the traces.

I hate to say it but that board could possibly be ruined.

I am unsure whether or not that pcb can be replaced without being programmed, not sure what circuitry is on the board.
2011 PPV 9C3
NovaPPV

Post by NovaPPV »

Yeah not my proudest/best work...

I hooked up my Sega to the RCA cord and got some semblance of a signal displaying on the screen [See attached].

Does anyone else know if this board can be pulled from another radio without being programmed?

-Rob
Attachments
Sega Genesis output.
Sega Genesis output.
IMG_6518.JPG (164.05 KiB) Viewed 8757 times
Backside of board.
Backside of board.
IMG_6530.JPG (174.81 KiB) Viewed 8757 times
Jesseb41

Post by Jesseb41 »

I’m in the process of soldering rca to board also .
I supplied a female Rca and stripped it. Inside cable is one white wire and a bare copper wire. Is the bare copper ground ? And white positive ?
IMG_3302.jpg
IMG_3302.jpg (32.53 KiB) Viewed 8385 times
IMG_3300 2.jpg
IMG_3300 2.jpg (33.15 KiB) Viewed 8385 times
IMG_3303.jpg
IMG_3303.jpg (38.37 KiB) Viewed 8385 times