Bulb Information for the Newbie...

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
offutt0311

Bulb Information for the Newbie...

Post by offutt0311 »

Ok guys... I need some quick information on the headlights for vehicles. I have a 2012 Caprice PPV, I need to know what bulb size the high beam and low beam bulbs are. I tried utilizing the search function, however I'm on my cell phone and have a broken hand. At this point it's just easier to ask someone and use my talk - to - text lol. I am planning on replacing both my high and low beams with L.e.d. bulbs, but need to know what to purchase so I don't waste my time and money. By the way, the car arrived today and I can't be more impressed!
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Re: Bulb Information for the Newbie...

Post by Pursuit »

Good Evening! The stock low beam is an H-7 the high beam is an H-7. I haven't seen much in the way of upgraded bulbs yet on the forum.

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
offutt0311

Post by offutt0311 »

Pursuit wrote:Good Evening! The stock low beam is an H-7 the high beam is an H-7. I haven't seen much in the way of upgraded bulbs yet on the forum.

Regards,

Maurice
Hey, I appreciate that Maurice. I think I have found an extremely cost effective, plug and play, and quality built alternative for our cars! Doing a little research right now.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Many times, just running a larger gauge wire to the lights makes a world of difference. What plan do you have??
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
offutt0311

Post by offutt0311 »

CrashTestDummy wrote:Many times, just running a larger gauge wire to the lights makes a world of difference. What plan do you have??
Opt7 makes a plug and play l.e.d. kit. They have outstanding reviews and are very high quality for the money! They are 6000k and I am planning on installing in the highs and lows. I believe I am going to order today. Will keep you guys posted and take pics. Btw.... anyone else notice that our factory speaker volume and sound quality absolutely sucks? Lol
offutt0311

Post by offutt0311 »

Pursuit wrote:Good Evening! The stock low beam is an H-7 the high beam is an H-7. I haven't seen much in the way of upgraded bulbs yet on the forum.

Regards,

Maurice
Anybody know the correct bulb size for the small marker bulb that's in the top of our headlight housing? I pulled the bulb and it has no number on it. I have one that's blown and want to replace them with led bulbs.
offutt0311

Post by offutt0311 »

Looks like maybe a 168?
GTObert

Post by GTObert »

I think it's a 127. I put amber ones in mine and it looks mean at night.
2011 9C1
2005 GTO
offutt0311

Post by offutt0311 »

GTObert wrote:I think it's a 127. I put amber ones in mine and it looks mean at night.
Yea I'm looking at some one watt heat sync led bulbs for it right now. I just ordered two sets of these to replace all my headlights!

http://opt-7.com/opt7-fluxbeam-led-headlight/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Can anyone post pics of what they have or are going to be using in the actual car? I was very let down with some highbeam LED units I bought initially, way too blue looking and really no extra usuable light for me, really i think the lows are pretty darn good for almost all the time. I have been thinking i would get some LED fogs or other if I still feel unhappy in the winter