Camaro Seats...?

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
IDLife Caprice

Camaro Seats...?

Post by IDLife Caprice »

Does anyone know if the Camaro Seat track/mounting will fit in the Caprice? From the images they look to be the same, so I am wondering since I have not looked at a Camaro up close.

It looks like the factory Z/28 seats are available and with/without the logos and/or heated.

SS Logo Recaro Seats (Powered & Heated)
P/N 23478425 (Driver seat) / MSRP: $2500.00
P/N 23478429 (Passenger seat) / MSRP: $2500.00

smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Camaro Seats...?

Post by smwalker »

Those hooks at the front look like a very similar system to the PPV. Wonder if that is something GM has made common. I wonder.

One of our customers has an SS I will take some measurements the next time he comes in. But if anyone has a friend with one break out the old tape measure.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

OR, if you have a REAL good friend with one, break out the wrenches!! I bet those things are heavy, they sure look it. But I bet the factory PPV seats are no welter-weight, either.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
S13REMI

Post by S13REMI »

Im bringing this thread back from the dead! besides G8 seats (no aftermarket options) have we figured out if there are any other options that work?
Just knowing that Camaro seats bolt in would be huge, this would open us up to so many aftermarket seats options!
2012 CAPRICE 460WHP! NIGHT FURY CAM, LONG TUBES, OTR INTAKE, NEW ERA TUNE, COILOVERS, C6 Z06 WHEELS. (BIGGEST EVER ON A CAPRICE)
00FLX

Post by 00FLX »

Anybody get anymore info on the seat situation?
sacsrpc

Post by sacsrpc »

From my limited experience this is what I have foubd with seats. The Camaro seat tracks appear to be the same as the chevrolet SS sedan seat tracks.

The SS sedan seats have the same mounting points as the 2014 and up cars. They are Not a direct fit for the 2013 and older cars because the rear mount is different. With that being said the SS sedan seats can be made to work with 2013 ans older caprices. To so this you have to drill out the ricets that hold the rear moubting brackets on your caprice seats ans weld these onto the SS seat frames.

I went down this road befoee with a 2012 caprice and ss sedan seats. I was able to get the seats powered up but stoppes short once it came to the airbags.
S13REMI

Post by S13REMI »

sacsrpc wrote:From my limited experience this is what I have foubd with seats. The Camaro seat tracks appear to be the same as the chevrolet SS sedan seat tracks.

The SS sedan seats have the same mounting points as the 2014 and up cars. They are Not a direct fit for the 2013 and older cars because the rear mount is different. With that being said the SS sedan seats can be made to work with 2013 ans older caprices. To so this you have to drill out the ricets that hold the rear moubting brackets on your caprice seats ans weld these onto the SS seat frames.

I went down this road befoee with a 2012 caprice and ss sedan seats. I was able to get the seats powered up but stoppes short once it came to the airbags.
Thats super helpful I'm just looking in to putting a set of aftermarket seatsin the car and prefer to not make a customer set of brackets.
2012 CAPRICE 460WHP! NIGHT FURY CAM, LONG TUBES, OTR INTAKE, NEW ERA TUNE, COILOVERS, C6 Z06 WHEELS. (BIGGEST EVER ON A CAPRICE)
Silversled

Post by Silversled »

Funny, I'm just staring at connector pinouts and wiring diagram of the 2014 PPV, 2014 Chevy SS, and 5th Gen Camaro's. For 2014+ PPVs, this should almost be a piece of cake depending on the seat options for power.
2014 Chevrolet Caprice PPV
2014 Chevrolet Stingray Z51
2016 AMG C63
2015 BMW X5 iDrive 50i
Boosthx

Post by Boosthx »

Anybody do it yet? I want to do the Recaro seats in mine.
SBRMD

Post by SBRMD »

Anybody actually put 2014 and up SS front seats into a 2014 and up PPV and have everything work? Are the connections common to the 14 and up cars, including the airbags?
Steve Robin
Minneapolis, MN
'11 PPV 9C3 Phantom Black Metallic