Missing front bumper cover clips?

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
CrashTestDummy

Re: Missing front bumper cover clips?

Post by CrashTestDummy »

The skies cleared and we got an opportunity for some shop time today. We got the hood lifts for our 95 9C1 and 92 B4C replaced. Now the hoods will stay open on their own.

We also got the bumper cover support and retaining clips installed. Using the great go-by on carmodder.com (thanks for the pointer, CP!!) we pulled one side of the cover off and slid the support in place. The work took a couple of hours, much of that spent pulling the passenger side inner fender liner, and getting one of the bumper cover-to-fender nuts to come loose (gotta love cars that have lived in the north). NOTE: the two nuts actually slip into a hexagonal socket on the bumper cover, so if there's just a tiny bit of rust or dirt, the cover isn't coming loose. Slipping the support into place and securing it took all of about a minute.

I then got the new tags on the car, and played with the 'engineering mode' switch. Great fun!
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

I forgot to mention that when I had the bumper cover off, I noticed that there was a pigtail (two-wire, I think) near where the fog/driving lamps would be. Is this the harness for those lamps? If so, how to you turn them on, if you had them installed? Thanks.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
StevenJay

Post by StevenJay »

Go Rhino push bumper installs for caprice call for completly removing the plastic crush bumper to make room for the brackets that hold the push bumper. I know this because I researched different pushbars instructions before choosing one. I went with a pro gard bumper that keeps the plastic bumper and has you trim the ends off to the right and left of the mounting bolts to fit the brackets..
Steven J.
-2014 Chevy Caprice PPV Pre-Production Pilot vehicle RPO code-Switchblade silver metallic purchased 11/2017
-2017 Chevy Caprice PPV- Switchblade silver metallic-GM Show Car RPO code. purchased 1/2018