Flooring removal/carpet installation...any helpful advice?

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
phastlt1

Re: Flooring removal/carpet installation...any helpful advic

Post by phastlt1 »

So, I made quite a bit of progress today....finally got the rubber flooring out...

Found some nasty, old sunflower seeds and a trader Joe's peanut butter cup under the flooring, nice to know that my car was some Aussie's spittoon going down the assembly line...

I got the carpet into location...

I got the side trim and center console re-installed....

And then darkness set in....hopefully, I can get this wrapped up tomorrow...it's going together much quicker than it came apart, and that's a good thing :D
phastlt1

Post by phastlt1 »

Mission Complete :!: Thank you Steve, without the helpful pics and info, I don't think I'd ever pulled this off....

smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Ah Cool!! Looks real nice!! Tell me, and for future reference, did the carpet rip along that line that seemed to be in the carpet?

Did the rubber flooring have a similar perforation?

What are you going to do foe floor mats?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
phastlt1

Post by phastlt1 »

Thank you...The carpet did rip along the line in the carpet. It was pretty much already cut from the factory at that line with small tabs at the ends holding it together. The rubber did not have the perforations, I tried to cut it in the same places as the perforations in the carpet for removal, worked great. As far as floor mats, I have some big, rubber Goodyear ones that were already in the car. They will work well as winter is coming and this car is a daily driver. Come spring, I may try and find some factory carpet mats, or something as similar as possible.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Also noticed on your rear inner seat mounts you seem to be missing covers. Wrecking yard probably kept them with the seats.
Seat bolt Covers.jpeg
Seat bolt Covers.jpeg (225.18 KiB) Viewed 11441 times
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
phastlt1

Post by phastlt1 »

My car never had those to begin with...I was thinking it looked like there should have been something there. Yet another mission.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Good job on the carpet swap. That info will also come in handy one day if anyone ever wants to remove carpet for either maintenance or a re-dye. Again glad I saw that item and posted it... figured someone would like it!

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
phastlt1

Post by phastlt1 »

^Thank you 8-)