Keys, FOB, Reprogram and Lock Change

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
PPVOS

Keys, FOB, Reprogram and Lock Change

Post by PPVOS »

Hey all, googling turns out the obvious new Fob or key reprogram but what about reprogramming the car side?

Recently I lost a key fob and looking for options to have my car change codes instead of a new key change to the car. Thoughts?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Sanford

Re: Keys, FOB, Reprogram and Lock Change

Post by Sanford »

What year?
PPVOS

Post by PPVOS »

Hi, 2014.
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

Unfamiliar with the 14-17’s. If I remember correctly you can clear out all of the fob codes with a decent scan tool on the 11-13’s, but unsure if it can on the 14-17’s.
PPVOS

Post by PPVOS »

Alright. Probably should call a dealer. i don't want the old, missing key to work. Thanks.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

how many keys do you have for the car ? and are you going to add a new one ?

usually with a existing key , you start it with that key , and then start it with the new key , otherwise you have to do the 30 minute relearn , which is three 10 minute procedures , turn the key(do not start it) let it sit 10 minutes , key off , then right back on for 10 , key off , then back on for another 10 , then off , then right back on and start the car

if you have more keys , then key off and and restart with the next key

also its possible this wont work depending on how the fleet options were set , ive had some that will not do the normal reprogram , because of those fleet options , and you need to take it into the dealer