SS console with parts from IPFracing

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
JUNKYARD_JACK

SS console with parts from IPFracing

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

https://ipfracing.com/collections/14-17 ... in-adapter

anyone have experience with this kit or more pictures of it installed. IPFracing said previously he does not frequent this forum but I really like how he has this set up especially with the wireless phone charger option. If anyone has done this I'd like to know what parts I need because I know I won't need a full SS center console kit. Been looking at something like this but I'm not sure.

https://www.oempartsquick.com/oem-parts ... %20101-150
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: SS console with parts from IPFracing

Post by smwalker »

Saw in the FB group a guy mounted his Traction and sport buttons in the blanks. Looks real good.
May have done them there because he upgraded to the HUD and the dimmer switch for the HUD takes the place of these in the PPV dash.
SSSwitch bezels.jpg
SSSwitch bezels.jpg (62.92 KiB) Viewed 3892 times
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
JUNKYARD_JACK

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

I wanted the column shifter, that's why I waited for a 2014+ and I wanted the Bluetooth in the radio. I don't mind where any of my buttons are now. I've seen SS consoles on car-part.com for $250 and I'd love to just have the cup holders and the bin to store things as well as this wireless charger since my wife and I both have newer iPhones
Attachments
SS SHIFTER WIRELESS CHARGER.jpg
SS SHIFTER WIRELESS CHARGER.jpg (145.08 KiB) Viewed 3887 times
jrob56

Post by jrob56 »

JUNKYARD_JACK wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:20 pm https://ipfracing.com/collections/14-17 ... in-adapter

anyone have experience with this kit or more pictures of it installed. IPFracing said previously he does not frequent this forum but I really like how he has this set up especially with the wireless phone charger option. If anyone has done this I'd like to know what parts I need because I know I won't need a full SS center console kit. Been looking at something like this but I'm not sure.

https://www.oempartsquick.com/oem-parts ... %20101-150
Hey so almost no one buys the consoles new because you really need the full console. In the link you sent if you look at the diagram at minimum, you need 1, 4, 9, 10,11, 15, 16, 17. 7 is optional if the ones are in you car and look good, 2 youll need if you want to cover bolt holes and youd need 4 of them. I *think* thats it but you will be better off buying a complete center console then piecing this together. It just gets too expensive. I have not used the IPF part you linked, but I've done the full SS interior swap.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

And... don't forget there are options to install other consoles as well (think 2012-2015 Camaro) if you can't get the SS console the way you want it. I used the 2015 Camaro SS console in my car, I overlaid it on top of where the SS console mounts and left the sides long on the front so as to overlay the PPV cover plate by about 1/2 inch or so (long enough for a few screws). I'm using a blank-off plate for where the shifter normally goes, gives a good writing surface or somewhere to mount additional devices if you want (phone holder, etc...). The only thing I have left to do is extend the length of the side covers down a bit to cover the gaps. It's more noticeable on the passenger side then the driver's side but with a few small screws easy to modify. Next time I have the console out I'm going to extend key-switch power to the built-in cigarette lighter inside the console box for phone charging. I also bored two additional holes to the left and right side of the PPV cigarette lighter. One has a USB plug for attachment to the radio, the other has a second cigarette lighter for a radar detector - it feeds off the 10A keyed accessory police power feed in the option harness.

There are folks that did a much cleaner installation job then I did on mine, there are a few examples with pics in other threads here. I'm not installing the Camaro shifter so all I was really after was something to cover the existing console bottom and get cup holders, storage and an armrest - for that it works very well.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.