Caprice SS badging

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
gregc

Caprice SS badging

Post by gregc »

Here's my 9C1 with the HSV SS badge on the trunk lid. I also used an Impala emblem from the 2001-2005 Impala since this is the closest badge I'll get to the ME Caprice SS. The ME Caprice SS has the floating Impala badge with the bow tie at the bottom ring. The background on the Impala badge is the same color as SS badges, so the match. I've got the V8 badges installed on the front fenders and I'm tasking the body shop to install the rear door SS badges. I got the Malibu exhaust tips on as well. I'm taking her in to get the spoiler painted and installed tomorrow.
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Caprice SS badging

Post by elc32955 »

Interesting how that style badge looks, always wondered about that. When I badged mine, I went with the 2010 & up Camaro SS badging that's chrome with the white inlay, this is the same SS badge the new SS sedan uses. It matched the font & size fine with the existing Caprice badge. Always thought that larger SS badge (and the SSV) badge looked too big in the space it should be displayed. I'd put a pic here, but the pic of the back of my car same as what you took of yours is on page 1 of the intro forum....

BTW my part # for the SS badge is 92228474.
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
gregc

Re: Caprice SS badging, spoiler and side SS badges installed

Post by gregc »

Looks much better with the spoiler. Now I'm still waiting for the center caps, the fog panels, the side repeaters and the grille.
SBRMD

Post by SBRMD »

Hi Greg,

Say, how do those Malibu exhaust tips go on? Do they just fit over the tips that are there, or do you have to do some cutting and/or take it to your exhaust guy?

Thanks in advance,
Steve.
Steve Robin
Minneapolis, MN
'11 PPV 9C3 Phantom Black Metallic
gregc

Post by gregc »

SBRMD wrote:Hi Greg,

Say, how do those Malibu exhaust tips go on? Do they just fit over the tips that are there, or do you have to do some cutting and/or take it to your exhaust guy?

Thanks in advance,
Steve.
The instructions say to cut off some length,slip the clamp on, then slip the tips over your exhaust pipes. Then tighten the clamp. I took it to my exhaust guy since I wanted it to look even.
nick brown

Post by nick brown »

i went with the white rear camaro ss badge i hate the real caprice badges they look ugly to me. i am going to go with the same set up on the side, trailblazer ss badge or the fwd piece of shit impala ss badge.
2011 CHEVY CAPRICE PPV 9C1 (FIRST OWNER)
2008 CHEVY SEDAN LT
1996 IMPALA SS
1964 IMPALA SS 2 DOOR HARD TOP
Crazy Paul

Post by Crazy Paul »

I can supply the 2007+ Middle East WM Impala trunk emblem and wheelcaps.

nick brown

Post by nick brown »

went with the 2006 trailblazer ss badges. like i said i hate the middle east caprice ss badges so i went with something different.
2011 CHEVY CAPRICE PPV 9C1 (FIRST OWNER)
2008 CHEVY SEDAN LT
1996 IMPALA SS
1964 IMPALA SS 2 DOOR HARD TOP
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Looks good Nick. I had thought about going with those badges but decided to leave the sides stock..... for now. Don't think the new SS is going to use any side badging. Sometimes minimalist is better I think....

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
bkwagonss

Post by bkwagonss »

Crazy Paul wrote:I can supply the 2007+ Middle East WM Impala trunk emblem and wheelcaps.

Paul, can you tell me what the emblem is made of, approx. size and price?
I have some Impala SS friends that might be interested in them.
2011 Caprice PPV 9C3 "karma"
2003 Silverado
1950 Chevy Fleetline
2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid (wife's car)