Holden GM hoodliner Installed

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
StevenJay

Holden GM hoodliner Installed

Post by StevenJay »

I know I've read about a OEM Holden hood insulator/liner all over the site and it never really seemed obtainable. I was able to get one from original parts group in Australia which has a bunch of really good parts for the Caprice. Keel in mind the prices on the site are in AU currency. I was originally going to use dynamat xtreme and cover the under side of the hood (which I did) and then cut out and cover it with Dynamat's hoodliner. The Holden hoodliner looks so nice. A little more money than the hoodliner product but to me it was the right way to go...
Attachments
20190101_000741.jpg
20190101_000741.jpg (4.78 MiB) Viewed 4119 times
20190101_001006.jpg
20190101_001006.jpg (2.24 MiB) Viewed 4119 times
Steven J.
-2014 Chevy Caprice PPV Pre-Production Pilot vehicle RPO code-Switchblade silver metallic purchased 11/2017
-2017 Chevy Caprice PPV- Switchblade silver metallic-GM Show Car RPO code. purchased 1/2018
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Holden GM hoodliner Installed

Post by Navy Lifer »

Looks good--I always thought about the idea of getting one (not sure if the PN varies by year) - I've been running a G8 insulator, since I was able to buy one when they were still available from GM, but it has the cutouts for the faux "scoops", so it's not ideal.

For things like this, considering the extra effort needed to get parts for these cars, especially being a unique model, it might be worth asking others if they are also interested, whether as a group, or at least to participate in a "buy-in" on shipping multiple parts--unfortunately, bulky parts are not an easy problem to solve, whether for trans-shipment from AU, or once here in the US. Smaller parts like trim pieces, are much easier in both regards.
s/c'd cav

Re: Holden GM hoodliner Installed

Post by s/c'd cav »

how much did the shipping cost ?

nice to know its different than their pictures which show the G8 scoop slots , just not punched out