Interior year and G8 interchanges

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
VintageIron41

Interior year and G8 interchanges

Post by VintageIron41 »

Hello and thanks for taking time to read this.

Can anyone tell me please of a 2014-17 Caprice will accept a G8 set of seats front and rear, and, if a G8 tap shifter can be made to work in the latter series Caprice? In that '14 the shifter moved from the floor to the column..

Thank you!
s/c'd cav

Re: Interior year and G8 interchanges

Post by s/c'd cav »

quick search swould tell you no

11-13 will use the G8 , 14-17 will share some with the SS sedan
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

Thanks s/c'd cav
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

you are welcome !

the bad thing is with less SS's made some parts can cost more , and to do the console swap , we need to replace the outter dash shell , other wise the console wont reach the dash
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

As always thank you for your replies. Is there a sticky, or, has someone done the SS/PPV console swap? As a toolmaker and woodworker, I would not be opposed to making a custom console that made the parts blend together.

Has someone put G8 seats in a 2014-2017 PPV? Or, are there other seats that have the same floor bolt pattern?I have done searches, but there are many threads that share common words, like swap, or interchange.

My Charger shares the same floor pan with the 300, so I was able to put a leather set of seats in it, just looking to see if there is a way to that that in the different year Caprices, the WM and WN, am still looking for a car, so not sure what year will be the one I get.

Thank you!
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

The user "silversled" has done an SS dash swap in his 2014. Search his username and see if you can find his posts. It looks awesome.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

Thanks J, I will check it out.

D