Will 2009 G8 Back Seat Fit in a 2013 Caprice PPV?

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
NovaPPV

Will 2009 G8 Back Seat Fit in a 2013 Caprice PPV?

Post by NovaPPV »

Found a deal for $100, wondering it it'll fit.

He's also selling the front seats, too. But I've read on here it's a giant pain to swap those out.

Thanks everybody, be easy on me if this has already been asked...I couldn't find a solid answer.
s/c'd cav

Re: Will 2009 G8 Back Seat Fit in a 2013 Caprice PPV?

Post by s/c'd cav »

YES , searching will help for it

the G8 has a folding section and you need all the parts for the folding section , and the fronts are a fairly easy swap , you change the airbag connector end from what i remember
NovaPPV

Post by NovaPPV »

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Just installed the backseat, no issues. All I'm missing is the piece at the top of the middle folding section that keeps it locked.

For the front seats, it's an easy swap?

I read this post by "Wigid" https://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewto ... f=20&t=921" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that says it's a giant pain.

Myabe I'm reading that wrong.

Thanks for the help!
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

> I read this post by "Wigid" viewtopic.php?f=20&t=921 that says it's a giant pain.

> Myabe I'm reading that wrong.

What Wigid did was swap out the seat base for a G8 one that has power front and back. THis way he would have the best of power options. Power recline and power front and back. If you just swap out G8 seats for the PPV ones you will loose power recline but gain power front and back. That's why that thread seems so complicated because what he did was a lot of work (but totally worth it!!). BUt just swapping the whole seats out is not that big a deal (save for the wiring issues).
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
NovaPPV

Post by NovaPPV »

I love this community. Thanks Steve Walker, I read that post I listed incorrectly. I appreciate you taking the time to point that out to me.

Also, does anyone have a part number for the Rear Seat Locking Release on the rear center fold down part?

Thanks!

-Rob
20129C1

Post by 20129C1 »

Nova,

Is this what you're looking for?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Striker parts are the last two, I believe)

I found it buried in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=434" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2007 Saudi/UAE Caprice
1993 Camaro B4C M6 Purple Pearl Metallic
1993 Camaro B4C A4 Medium Patriot Red
2013 Camaro SS M6 "Panther"