Part no. for Air bag tether / A pillar tether

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
paul54

Part no. for Air bag tether / A pillar tether

Post by paul54 »

There is a rubber tether attached to the metal frame of the A-Pillar, and then to the A-pillar trim panel. So when the air bag blow, the panel does not fly away. I've searched all over gmpartscenter.net and just can't seem to see where its listed! Anyone know?

I bent the clips during my interior re-do, and they are not holding the panel on properly.

Thanks.
CrashTestDummy

Re: Part no. for Air bag tether / A pillar tether

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Couple of dabs of silicon adhisive will do ya?? :lol:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
StevenJay

Post by StevenJay »

wow what timing I just ordered and received a pair 2 days ago..1 sec
Steven J.
-2014 Chevy Caprice PPV Pre-Production Pilot vehicle RPO code-Switchblade silver metallic purchased 11/2017
-2017 Chevy Caprice PPV- Switchblade silver metallic-GM Show Car RPO code. purchased 1/2018
StevenJay

Post by StevenJay »

Retainer (A pillar tether) GM 11611805
Steven J.
-2014 Chevy Caprice PPV Pre-Production Pilot vehicle RPO code-Switchblade silver metallic purchased 11/2017
-2017 Chevy Caprice PPV- Switchblade silver metallic-GM Show Car RPO code. purchased 1/2018
paul54

Post by paul54 »

Thanks!
StevenJay

Post by StevenJay »

Your smart for changing them. I am changing them with mine intact. The factory service manual states to replace this piece everytime the trim is removed. Its listed as a "one time use" item. I just ignored that step and the a pillar trim is vibrating just enough to cause alittle noise. figures.... I'm now following their advice.
paul54

Post by paul54 »

I just replaced the tether. Thanks again for providing the part number! Got it from RockAuto. Once you see how a new one is put together, you can understand why it is a must replace item each time. It is designed for a one time separation, and its impossible to remove the A-pillar trim with out separating the two parts of the tether. Pillar is nice and tight now!