Daytime lights/Running lights don't turn on/don't exist

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Simon9C1

Daytime lights/Running lights don't turn on/don't exist

Post by Simon9C1 »

Hey I can't seem to turn on my running lights in any way whatsoever. No amber on my headlights turns on at all. My tail lights come on when I turn the dial to running lights only. Did they just remove the bulb itself or is the wiring all messed up from being a police car? 2011 9c1

thanks.
xcidmigs

Re: Daytime lights/Running lights don't turn on/don't exist

Post by xcidmigs »

I'm pretty sure my DRL is just the standard headlight which is turned on a lower output than the normal, no amber lights on until you use turn signal? Not sure what you are describing otherwise.
Simon9C1

Post by Simon9C1 »

Oh. I'm just used to DRL's being amber. Maybe they took them out cuz they were strobes. Hoping I can just put regular bulbs back in and have it all work.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

I've never had, nor seen LEO vehicle with operational DRLs. I know they don't work on our '10 Tahoe and '12 9C1. I'm pretty sure that feature is omitted, although it may be available via a reprogram.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
brewerb258

Post by brewerb258 »

Ive seen plenty of LEO cars DRL. The county in which I live in, I have spotted a few deputies driving around with them on. My 9C3 has DRL.....a feature that annoys me.

However, I THINK that the ambers come on even with DRL. Like crashtestdummy said, it could just need re-programing.
2012 PC3 Caprice
3.6 LFX V6 w/ over 200k miles *SOLD* @250,000 Miles.

2013 9C1 Caprice
3.6 LFX V6 with 80k miles

"Dispatch, show me on a traffic stop."
"Uh you can disregard, I pulled the guy that pays my salary, got to let him go."
91C02920

Post by 91C02920 »

Daytime Running lights are something that can be configured when programing the BCM. Not sure what cars have it or not, but it is select able in https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and different options will give you a different lighting architecture number. Same with the dome light. You get asked the same questions when programing it within SPS (for 2011-2013 cars at least).