2011 PPV Rear windows disabled from rear and driver switches

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Simon9C1

2011 PPV Rear windows disabled from rear and driver switches

Post by Simon9C1 »

Hey there, i'm pretty new here. Got a 2011 PPV with 100k on it. I went to try to open the rear windows and they're disabled somehow from factory. I checked the dummy plug under the passenger seat. I checked the switched inside the rear door panels. I pulled out the driver's window toggle switch panel. Everything is connected and looks fine at least from what I can see. Anyone find a fix to this? Once again, I can't open them from ANY switch on the car.

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: 2011 PPV Rear windows disabled from rear and driver swit

Post by smwalker »

Well simple things first, you know you have a rear window lock button on the master switch right? That is not enabled is it? Had to ask.

Secondly I think a few guys have reported broken wires inside the door boot, but that was usually for the front doors that saw much more use, would be rare for the rears but maybe worth a check with a continuity tester at each switch.

Lastly check the connection at the window motor, may have unplugged that if they did not know about the underseat bypass plug.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Simon9C1

Post by Simon9C1 »

Dude you were right! After much work with my multimeter testing fuses, relays, switches etc I almost gave up for good. But today I decided to reach into the door and what do I find? The window motor was unplugged! Now the windows work from front and back! Thanks so much :D
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Yea some upfitter did not get the memo about the disable plug under the seat.

Glad you found it! Easy fixes are the best!!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White