How to mount the "reinforcement panel"

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: How to mount the "reinforcement panel"

Post by smwalker »

paul54 wrote:Steve, just following up on this, as I am going to start pulling pieces out in the next few weeks. Is there a good source of info as to which G8 trim pillar parts match our PPV's? I would guess certainly not C pillar stuff due to change in length of car. Although I see on some GM sites that many interior G8 parts are no longer around? Thanks.
Not really a source because you got the idea, everything in the A and B Pillars is a match, nothing in the C is a match. Yea looks like many discontinued, part out of G8's gonna be our best bet. In AU they have an adjustable B pillar top piece but think you would have to change out the seat belt and of course shipping those is a hazardous shipment no one wants to touch.

If you find a good part out do not forget the visors and the dome and rear lights in black. Could paint the tan ones but the G8 come with the map lights up front that look cool. If you have your headliner out it's a good time to fun the wires for that stuff. Also the grab handles in the back in the G8 they are in black.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
paul54

Post by paul54 »

Did you use one of the SEM adhesion promoters, or another brand? I am still toying with doing the painting! I just got the rear package tray out, as it needs to be recovered. So that is my first little recovering project. Then on to the headliner after I practice!

Paul
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

paul54 wrote:Did you use one of the SEM adhesion promoters, or another brand? I am still toying with doing the painting! I just got the rear package tray out, as it needs to be recovered. So that is my first little recovering project. Then on to the headliner after I practice!

Paul
Yea used SEM everything, soap panel cleaner, pre cleaner, adhesive promoter then paint. Tried to follow the direction to the T. Still great color just can't handle the abrasion.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White