Replacing front seats from a G8 GXP?

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
MaiAoSi

Replacing front seats from a G8 GXP?

Post by MaiAoSi »

Hi guys. I recently found a set of GXP seat on ebay, I'm just wondering if that would also fit on caprice just like the GT seats do? The thing is these seats are heated so I'm not so sure whether the harnesses would still be plug and play.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Replacing front seats from a G8 GXP?

Post by smwalker »

What year PPV you going into?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
MaiAoSi

Post by MaiAoSi »

smwalker wrote:What year PPV you going into?
A 13 9c1
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

So I believe on the 11-13's there were individual connectors for each of the seat features whereas in 14 they went to one big connector for everything. As to if the G8 will match up to the plugs that are in a 13 I am not sure. And there would not be a harness for the heated seats option of course.

I think someone has successfully hooked them up though, though they detailed it on a thread here. Or I might be thinking of the G8 board of someone who added them to a base model G8.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

the gxp seats are the same as the gt's , only difference is the cover where it says gxp
indianajoe

Post by indianajoe »

The heated portion is a separate plug, so you can either rig it all up or leave it unplugged.

The passenger seat has some different connectors for the occupancy sensor (and the airbag?) So if all you do is put the seats in you'll have an airbag light.
The best approach is to tear the seats down and rebuild it using the right plugs (this also ends up with full power seats)