Nvm reprogram 2014

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Combatcarl

Nvm reprogram 2014

Post by Combatcarl »

So I've got a 14 PPV, and the rear windows are (I assume) disabled, as well as the remote start does not work, it flashes the parking lights like my G8 does when it starts, but doesn't turn on and no there aren't any codes. Im sure there are other features turned off on the car. Is there someone that offers a "unlock all features" programming service?

The car has an SS das and interior and I am going to send in the silverbox to have all those features activated also.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Nvm reprogram 2014

Post by smwalker »

Do you have the switch on the hood latch in place and plugged in? That was another thing it needed. BUt should be there if had remote start from factory. ANd I though on another thread someone mentioned they have to lock it two times in a row then remote start it. Little quirk. Ever tried that? Or aybe that was for the 11-13's

Rear windows inop is a BCM reprogram, dealer can do it or Chris White if you send him the BCM.

I have found out recently that the 14's have USB and AUX already activated. Is there anything else on the radio you want ? THink chris can add in XM radio and such. I can build you a AUX in cord if so desired. LEt me know.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

my 14 , i just hit lock then the remote start button
Combatcarl

Post by Combatcarl »

The aux and Bluetooth work good enough for me. I am planning to use this service and switch over to the holden logo
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/index. ... &Itemid=54" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the help on the windows. I'm going to look into the plug you are referring to. And I have tried the "double lock" technique. It popped up on my google search. Another feature that I've notice that's kind of annoying is that the trunk pop buttons only work if the key is on. Lol
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

Combatcarl wrote: Another feature that I've notice that's kind of annoying is that the trunk pop buttons only work if the key is on. Lol
that is a police option so when the car is parked , any random idiot cant pop the trunk from the buttons inside , i use my remote 100 times to 1 for the inside buttons
Combatcarl

Post by Combatcarl »

Yeah I understand why it's like that. But I'm not a cop lol so I'm hoping I can make it work all the time
paul54

Post by paul54 »

Just chiming in on the remote start. On my 2014, after hitting lock, you have to hold down start for 4 full seconds. It is a standard feature, and not disabled for police use, so something sounds off.

What I would like to "undo" is the VVS option, which disables automatic headlamps! My other cars have had auto lights for years, so I find myself driving in the dark, lol.

Paul
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

The trunk button can be wired differently to be active all the time, time to search.....
Combatcarl

Post by Combatcarl »

That's your second negatively biased replies to my comments this morning, have I done something to offend or upset you? Or are these the typical responses you give?

If anyone knows anything about this trunk wiring post please fil me in. I had assumed it was controlled by the BCM and not something that I can just hard wire to constant power instead of ACC?
Attachments
Also I have tried the search. Thank you for taking the time to offer your advice.
Also I have tried the search. Thank you for taking the time to offer your advice.
IMG_2036.PNG (80.1 KiB) Viewed 11914 times
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

I found this for you in about 5 minutes of searching...

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=42" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The problem I have with coming onto a car forum the moment after you got your new car and posting 5 different questions that have already been answering on the same forum possibly 10 years ago is that when anyone searches later that result will be mixed in with the actual answered thread and then requires wasting more time to surf through them all to find the actual one that you want. Your other post this morning contains a monstrous huge picture which again sends some peoples surfing experience to the toilet as they can't see any of that without paging around. Spend a few minutes looking at the old posts even if you have to just manually page through them, this forum has been active for what 5 years now? There is some very good basic info in those old posts that is still just as relevant.