2014 front bumper not attached on bottom

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
paul54

Re: 2014 front bumper not attached on bottom

Post by paul54 »

[quote="Navy Lifer"]Let me make a plea here.....I realize these forums are intended to allow people to have some degree of anonymity--as much or as little as they desire/prefer. Still, it is helpful to know someone's location, as owners around the country may be in a position to help with various needs, including parts, or connections/assistance with a dealer, etc.

You are right! I forgot to my data in, it should appear now. I am in Connecticut.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

paul54 wrote:Also, it seems there are a ton of "gmpartsdirect" and similar sites. Anyone in particular that you recommend? Shipping rates seem out of control! Maybe I'll try the dealer.
Yes, there are. These are the guys I usually go to. No specials, no gimicks, but they usually get the parts on the road pretty quickly. The parts seem to come out of the Phoenix, AZ area, so they quickly get onto I-10, which is the quick route to me.

https://www.gmpartscenter.net/
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

No Moa wrote:Welcome to my world. this is how mine arrived.
Beyond the functional purposes they serve, I view the bumper cover & lower deflector as sacrificial parts. An in-service police vehicle gets little respect from it's driver, and often ends up dealing with things that a civilian owner would never think of doing.

I'm also wondering if some of the bumper cover damage shown could have been from a tow hook situation.
No Moa

Post by No Moa »

Navy Lifer wrote:
No Moa wrote:Welcome to my world. this is how mine arrived.
Beyond the functional purposes they serve, I view the bumper cover & lower deflector as sacrificial parts. An in-service police vehicle gets little respect from it's driver, and often ends up dealing with things that a civilian owner would never think of doing.

I'm also wondering if some of the bumper cover damage shown could have been from a tow hook situation.
This was never a inservice police car, it was a GM demo, still driven hard of coarse, the OP talked about that is how his arrived, mine did not look like this when I bought it from ILL, damage was done elsewhere, and not one person took responsibility in shipping. But I would agree, the rear bumper is torn from a town hook, probably when they hauled it out of the woods from a joyride.
Attachments
IMG_0482.JPG
IMG_0482.JPG (173.25 KiB) Viewed 5841 times
IMG_0474.JPG
IMG_0474.JPG (298.72 KiB) Viewed 5841 times
IMG_0451.JPG
IMG_0451.JPG (501.34 KiB) Viewed 5841 times
2014 Caprice PPV silver
2017 Ram 3500
2002 CETA trans am
1996 Impala ss (soon to be t56)
1995 9c1
1977 Trans am SE 4spd.
1978 trans am 400 4 spd.
paul54

Post by paul54 »

I got the lower deflector on just now. Fits fine. Ended up getting it at the local dealer. I ordered it Monday afternoon and it was here this morning. Higher price a bit, but no shipping cost, so a win.

I did notice that the bolts/nuts that hold the TOP of the bumper cover onto the fenders are not in the "grooves", so it hangs a bit. Did not have the patience to take the entire cover off, so I zip tied it up a little tighter for now. I need to order the retainer nuts, they don't look like anything I'd have in the parts bin.

Thank you all for the pictures and the help.

Now off to deal with the screw holes from the window cages that were removed.