Help with removing shifter

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Joecool

Help with removing shifter

Post by Joecool »

So I had the radio reprogrammed with all the missing that came with it, being a ppv, and after having removed the panels I proceeded to put them back on, but the front panel that looks like an H was a struggle to put on and after trying to put the bottom left side in, sliding it under the plastic that's below the shifter, I had to try and stretch the plastic like I did when removing it. But this time the gear switch indicators broke in half. So there's two chunks one with P and R, and another with N D L. I have the H piece on, but now the indicators have fallen somewhere in the plastic under the shifter and I can't reach them without seemingly removing the shifter and plastic piece below it.
Any advice on how to do it?
I would prefer to just fit the two pieces of the gear indicators in and hope they stay.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Help with removing shifter

Post by smwalker »

I think removing the entire shifter assembly requires 4 bolts from under the car but I think all you need to take off is the black top bezel. If I recall that seemed like it was on pretty loose goosey on top there so maybe some clips around the perimeter hold it in? Will check the service manual t see if any diagrams will help. EDIT: Nope nthing in the service manual talks about just the top. Only the entire unit coming out. Sorry.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White