carpet part , floor mats , trunk liner #'s inside

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: carpet part , floor mats , trunk liner #'s inside

Post by smwalker »

Member of the FB group has been having a hard time getting the correct carpet. Seems a supplier messed up and labled a batch wrong.

______________________copied Text_________________
My GM dealer has searched the world parts bins and unfortunately the correct carpet for the 2014+ is no longer available.

Back in February I pre-ordered part number 92273442, which is listed as the carpet for "LHD POLICE". GM at some point replaced that P/N with 92289211.

92289211 is too short (by 3"). Took it back and we found another part number of 92280457 (which is the P/N Randall has in his car from a wrecker yard pull) so we ordered that part. Yet another fail.

92280457 and 92289211 are identical to one another and both too short.

As a last ditch effort, we ran the VIN on my car and it lists 92283853, which by all logical accounts, should be the rubber floor. Regardless, we ordered it as well. It came, and sure enough, rubber floor. But we laid it out next to the two other carpets above and you can visually see it is too short.
So as far as this goes, the only way to fix this would be to buy the short carpet and cut in a piece PAST the B-pillar. You cannot cut under the seats, as the added length on the Caprice is past the B-pillar.