G8 door panels

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
dirtyd

G8 door panels

Post by dirtyd »

Do G8 rear door panels fit the Caprice?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: G8 door panels

Post by smwalker »

Nope the 4 inches in increased length on the caprice is inserted in the rear foot well area. This makes the rear doors longer than the G8. SO fronts would fit but not rear.

Also why the G8 carpet when used in a Caprice comes up a bit short at the rear seat.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
dirtyd

Post by dirtyd »

Does the G8 rear shelf behind the rear seat fit in a Caprice?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Not sure on that, I would think so. The only difference between them is the speakers grills I think. Cheaper just to get those by themselves. The holes in the metal are there for the speakers.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Rjimpala

Post by Rjimpala »

Nope! Just ask me how I know the rear deck is shorter........ Speaking of which, anybody wanna buy a rear g8 deck? Lol
2011 Karma 9c3 never in service, Setina trunk tray, trunk floor mat, H&R springs, skid plate, leather shifter, g8 rear seats, tint, rear spoiler, side markers, Holden badges, shark fin antennae, capriceV trunk emblem, series ll & afm emblems, red tail tips, lighted vanity mirrors, black headliner & pillars, G8 light switch, red light window switches, g8 gas pedals, powdered coated colored hubs, g8 matching color steering wheel & color interior strips & center ring.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
dirtyd

Post by dirtyd »

Thanks for the help.
jpalmer

Post by jpalmer »

I too have a 2013, and I adjusted the volume all the way to the rear and turned up the volume and lo and behold I have speakers back there. You might try this too.

Still tryin' to figure out what to do to get volume out of them, drilling a 100 holes in my rear panels to let the sound out just makes me cringe... :shock:
Jeff

1996 Caprice LT1 B4U - Sold - So long my friend - it was a great 17 years!
2001 Silverado LS 3500 DuraMax Dually 4x4
2004 Suburban 2500 6.0L 4x4
2013 Caprice PPV 6.0L